Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Turtleback west facing cam...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Turtleback west facing cam...
November 04, 2011 10:15AM
This cam link USED to link to historical and current weather data. Now when you click it on all you get is the webcam. It even says this on the Conservancy's page: "Air quality data and view west from Turtleback Dome"

Ummm, no, not really! I emailed someone at the Conservancy (presumably the webmaster) and let them know the link and text didn't really match and I got no response. (this was a few months ago, if not longer)

Anyone else annoyed by this? I dunno, maybe I am just nit picking, but I think they need to FIX it!

(oh, and yes, I know the page is still there and I can probably get to it by alternative means, but still!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 10:20AM by hotrod4x5.
Re: Turtleback west facing cam...
November 04, 2011 11:01AM
Here is the direct link to the Turtleback webcam and also some other NPS air quality webcams. You can access the air quality data from this site.
http://www.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/

I also found it annoying that the Conservancy site webcam section has issues. The Tioga Cam is still not up and I hear that the Conservancy is not taking over the cam as it was said earlier this year. The Ahwahnee cam is also down now. I think that it would be nice if the Conservancy has a webcam on it's site that it does not actually maintain then they would mentioned that somewhere so people can contact that webmaster directly.

I like to check the site that I listed above to see what is going on in other parks so if I can't get the Turtleback come on the Conservancy site I look at it when I am on the other site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login