Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: All Yosemite Conservancy's webcams currently not updating.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar All Yosemite Conservancy's webcams currently not updating.
November 06, 2011 03:36PM
Don't know the exact reason, but now all three Yosemite Conservancy's webcams (Ahwahnee Meadow, Sentinel Dome and Turtleback Dome) photos are not being updated on the Yosemite Conversancy's website. The two webcams opearated by the Park Service (Turtleback Dome - Air Quality Western View and the Happy Isles Gaging Station) are still updating their photos. Don't know exactly what's going on.

If it was a power issue, I would suspect both Turtleback Dome webcams (the Park Service - facing west and the Yosemite Conservancy - facing east) would be inoperative at the same time.

avatar Re: All Yosemite Conservancy's webcams currently not updating.
November 06, 2011 03:57PM
Internet connection problem?
November 06, 2011 05:00PM
I'm thinking that it's something along that line.
November 06, 2011 05:07PM
Maybe it is a internet problem because if you look at the Tioga Cam there is a message that San Diego is unable to connect to Yosemite's website so that is why that cam is not working.

I also am wondering what is going on with the Daily Report. Does anyone know? If you go to the www.nps.gov/yose site and click on news the most recent report is Oct 19. I googled it and was able to find one from Nov 3rd but when I went back it was Nov 1st.
November 06, 2011 05:14PM
parklover
Maybe it is a internet problem because if you look at the Tioga Cam there is a message that San Diego is unable to connect to Yosemite's website so that is why that cam is not working.

That's a different issue.

I also am wondering what is going on with the Daily Report. Does anyone know? If you go to the www.nps.gov/yose site and click on news the most recent report is Oct 19. I googled it and was able to find one from Nov 3rd but when I went back it was Nov 1st.

I get the Daily Report in email. It's been quite regular lately.
November 06, 2011 08:14PM
eeek
parklover

How did you get it by email? Someone at the park once told me you can ask to have it emailed to you but I forgot who I should ask.
November 06, 2011 08:41PM
parklover
eeek
parklover

How did you get it by email? Someone at the park once told me you can ask to have it emailed to you but I forgot who I should ask.

I complained about the website not being updated and they offered to put me on the mailing list.
November 06, 2011 05:15PM
plawrence
I'm thinking that it's something along that line.

Have you noticed the pink bird hasn't been updating either?
November 07, 2011 09:12AM
Not meaning this as tacky . . .but Yosemite is the wilds and power will often come and go with the storms. I have had contact with the group here in SD about the Tioga cam and they are trying but the phone lines are old and that is not their issue. I did see Happy Isles updated this morning and have to admit the views from Sentinel and Turtleback are gorgeous but cold.
November 07, 2011 10:17AM
yosemitedawn

Not meaning this as tacky . . .but Yosemite is the wilds and power will often come and go with the storms.

As I noted on my initial post on this topic, in regards to the two Turtleback Dome webcams (one facing east, the other facing west), if it was a power issue then both of them should not have been updating their photos, but the webcam facing west still was operational. The only difference is one is operated by the National Park Service, the other by the Yosemite Conservancy. Both are mounted at the same installation on top of Turtleback Dome and I would presume both use the same power source.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login