Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Chowchilla Mountain Road Closed for Season

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Chowchilla Mountain Road Closed for Season
November 14, 2011 10:57AM
Beginning Friday, November 11th, the Chowchilla Mountain Road leading into the park in Wawona, is closed for the season. The road is currently very muddy and difficult. The section of the road just outside the park in the forest has very deep muddy ruts and is nearly impassable. The gate at the park boundary and the Wawona Golf Course will be locked. Employees who use this road to commute to and from Wawona, will either need to take the Summit Road turn off to Fish Camp, or take an alternate route.
avatar Re: Chowchilla Mountain Road Closed for Season
November 14, 2011 11:16AM
Wasn't there a memo last year (2010) in the Yosemite Daily Report that the Park Service didn't want employees driving government vehicles down that road?

November 14, 2011 12:47PM
plawrence
Wasn't there a memo last year (2010) in the Yosemite Daily Report that the Park Service didn't want employees driving government vehicles down that road?

I don't remember one.
Re: Chowchilla Mountain Road Closed for Season
November 14, 2011 10:56PM
I just read an article in the online "Mariposa Gazette" that the Forest Service has removed the toilet and 6 picnic tables from Summit Camp on Chowchilla Mountain Road. A lot of good memories from the 1960's and 1970's.
November 14, 2011 11:12PM
I've taken it from fish camp into wawona and have explored other parts of it. I would like to explore chowchilla mountain road more but I find it easy to get lost on it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login