All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Favorite photo from this summer
November 29, 2011 01:52PM
This is our all-time favorite trailhead map. No question where you are -- the map identifies your location perfectly. It just doesn't show anything else!

(This was at the Granite Creek Trailhead in the Ansel Adams Wilderness

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2011 01:56PM by balzaccom.
avatar Re: Favorite photo from this summer
December 02, 2011 04:38PM
Looks good. At least you know where you are. (I have a couple like that too... one from Miller Crossing TH... and one from Rancheria TH)
I guess it's better than nothing... ?

This is one of my fav-o-rite photos EVER.

(and feel free to send me money for a signed copy)
(I'll even put Hella and Epic on it for a fee)

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Favorite photo from this summer
December 02, 2011 05:07PM
December 05, 2011 10:02AM
chick-on
Looks good. At least you know where you are. (I have a couple like that too... one from Miller Crossing TH... and one from Rancheria TH)
I guess it's better than nothing... ?

This is one of my fav-o-rite photos EVER.

(and feel free to send me money for a signed copy)
(I'll even put Hella and Epic on it for a fee)

This one makes me die laughing every time I see it.
April 20, 2012 08:26AM
I couldn't help but add my favorite from this summer! I can't believe I missed this thread. Better late than never.

I'm getting all worked up over my first trip up there for 2012! I SURE LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!

Vogelsang Lake, July 2007. For me, it's seeing the people I love in the places that I love that makes a good photo!

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
December 02, 2011 06:08PM
Oh, I missed that this was an invite for favorite photos (as plainly stated in the subject line...).

Hard to beat Dusy Basin.

December 02, 2011 06:36PM
Sometimes a good photo isn't of distant wilderness. Here is my favorite, snapped by my daughter. It's me and my granddaughter hiking the abandoned Old Wawona Road.

December 02, 2011 08:10PM
Not necessarily my favorite, but my buddy snapped this on top of Isosceles Peak.
That the peak at the left in ttilley's photo, looking back roughly at where he was.

December 04, 2011 06:33PM
It is hard to pick a favorite from this trip. This one is definitely one of my top five.

Here are the rest of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 06:34PM by traildad.
December 05, 2011 09:59AM
OK--I'll add a couple more that are more scenic:

Laurel Creek above Thomas Edison:

And a photo from the north side of Isberg Pass, looking south at the whole dang Sierra..

And lest we forget the good times: here are mosquitoes at 10,000 feet, way off trail and nowhere near a lake or stream, in Yosemite in August

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
December 05, 2011 10:06AM
balzaccom
And lest we forget the good times: here are mosquitoes at 10,000 feet, way off trail and nowhere near a lake or stream, in Yosemite in August

On our last trip to the Park (this past September), we finally bought mosquito netting to cover our heads and faces. We looked sort of ridiculous (and the fact that my wife & I both consistently forgot we had them on every time we tried to take a drink and poked our Camelback mouthpieces into the net was pretty funny (we tried getting the drinking tubes to stay under the net but that wasn't happening)) but we were VERY glad to have made the purchase!
April 20, 2012 04:46PM
balzaccom
And a photo from the north side of Isberg Pass, looking south at the whole dang Sierra..

That shot it amazing.
December 05, 2011 12:22PM
Barely spent any time in Yosemite this summer - all my trips were elsewhere in the Sierra. I prefer Yose in the off-season.

I like this one I took from Arrow Peak mostly because it shows the whole area we played in for a week. (Taboose/Bench/Cartridge/Upper Basin/Split Mtn)

And then there is this one, a favorite simply because it's one of my best memories from this summer. On top of Split Mountain on a day that could not have been more perfect. Lingered like this for an hour and a half, didn't even need a jacket. The very definition of a perfect sierra day.
December 07, 2011 10:15PM

Wanda Lake, August 2011
December 08, 2011 10:33AM
Tough to choose, but this is a pano coming down from Forester Pass and heading back towards Bubbs Creek...

John Muir Trail, heading north towards Bubbs Creek by urbandispute, on Flickr
April 20, 2012 09:38AM
Wow. I just realized I have almost no shots of Yosemite in Summer. A few, but not many at all compared to Winter.

These were taken June 18, 0538 hours, when Tioga Pass opened last Summer.

DawnElleryLakey by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

DawnElleryLake2 by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2012 09:39AM by tanngrisnir3.
April 20, 2012 01:50PM
Very nice shots. I wish I could have the patience to take pictures like those!

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
April 24, 2012 10:42AM
Not from Yosemite, but wonderful nontheless. Mrs B and I took a trip north of the border to Banff. here's our favorite from a hike to Lake O'hara in 4" of new snow on Sept 19, 2008 (our 25 anniversary trip).
If you've not been there, terrific wonderful place to visit.

April 25, 2012 06:05AM
My favorite was Rodgers Lake in the early morning but since I've already shown that recently, here's the runner up.

Lower Gaylor Lake plus Lower & Upper Granite Lakes (taken from above Upper Granite Lake).
April 25, 2012 08:24AM
Here's another of my favorites from the summer of 2012.

Fletcher Lake with Vogelsang Peak in the sunlight!

April 25, 2012 10:03AM
Very nice. Cool to look back at Gaylor from there.
April 26, 2012 09:56AM
yosemitejim
Very nice. Cool to look back at Gaylor from there.

yosemitejim,

I went up there on a day hike just to acclimate myself for a week long trek. Didn't realize until that evening when I looked at a map that the photo was taken from 11,250', higher than Gaylor Peak. Had to cross two snowfields to reach that point. Off trail on a Wednesday morning--had it all to myself. Gorgeous day.
April 25, 2012 10:15AM

Almost summer...June 2011

...fun and memorable because it was the first "night" photos I have tried. First saw the moonbow in 1978 but the naked eye doesn''t see what the camera does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 10:18AM by hikerchick395.
April 25, 2012 04:35PM
By my calculation... you have Moonbow and Firefall... Berry Kewl.
(me tink I def. need to get up Fairview b4 u pummel me completely)

Tanks for Sharon (that goes to all)

Beautiful

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 25, 2012 06:12PM
Not quite summer (I don't particularly like photographing Yosemite in the summer months), but of last year (autumn):

and a few minutes later...

April 25, 2012 06:45PM
And obviously, this wasn't from summer either, but I still consider it from last season (since Tioga Road still hadn't closed for the winter):

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login