All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 13, 2011 01:00PM
Due to lack of snow, Ostrander Ski Hut will not open on December 16th as projected. The hut is now scheduled to open on Friday, December 23, 2011. Questions should be directed to the Ostrander Ski Hut reservation office at 209.379.5161.
December 13, 2011 05:15PM
So because people can't snowshoe or crosscountry ski to the Ostrander Hut, they're keeping it close?

Shouldn't guests who had reservations for the first week have the option to hike to it instead?
December 13, 2011 05:53PM
plawrence
So because people can't snowshoe or crosscountry ski to the Ostrander Hut, they're keeping it close?

Shouldn't guests who had reservations for the first week have the option to hike to it instead?

Call the number and ask.
December 13, 2011 06:02PM
If I had reservations for that week, I would have.

But I don't. Still, I'm curious about the reason.

My guess: a good majority of those who did have reservations probably would have canceled anyway because of the lack of snow and no opportunity to crosscountry ski to it.
Re: Ostrander Ski Hut
December 14, 2011 10:06AM
Well looking at the availability calendar for the hut it looks like there is only 7 people scheduled for the 17 & 18 and no one else until 12/26. So it may have just been one or two groups that there going to go in and then no one for over a week.

Also, I thought Ostrander opens (& closes) when Badger Pass does. With the lack of snow Badger is probably not opening so it may have been difficult to open the road for a few visitors for a couple of days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login