Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite campsite reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite campsite reservations
December 15, 2011 09:06AM
How's everyone that was trying for reservations do this morning? I didn't get my first choice but did get a decent site for the 2nd week of May. I think I pushed the "book this site" button a split second too early and then when I pushed it again my first choices were gone.

Tom
December 15, 2011 09:39AM
Ha...I was sort of daydreaming, waiting to "book this date" and I missed the 7am tick of the clock. But I was able to change campgrounds and get a site.
December 15, 2011 12:03PM
I'm going to be trying this next month for a first time stay in the valley. What campground would you recommend I try to get in the valley in early June?
I made my first ever trip to Yosemite last September and stayed in Tuolumne Meadows and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back.
We were there over labor day weekend and only made a quick drive down to the valley (and Glacier Point) but it was an absolute mess down there with all of the cars and people. I hope to go in early June for 3-4 days and do plenty of day hiking from the valley.
December 15, 2011 04:13PM
LBFam
I'm going to be trying this next month for a first time stay in the valley. What campground would you recommend I try to get in the valley in early June?
I made my first ever trip to Yosemite last September and stayed in Tuolumne Meadows and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back.
We were there over labor day weekend and only made a quick drive down to the valley (and Glacier Point) but it was an absolute mess down there with all of the cars and people. I hope to go in early June for 3-4 days and do plenty of day hiking from the valley.

We always tried to get a site on the last loop (nearest Happy Isle) in Upper Pines.
avatar Re: Yosemite campsite reservations
December 15, 2011 12:03PM
I was able to get the reservations I wanted. The bidding didn't seem as fast and furious as last year and there still plenty of sites remaining. That's encouraging.

There's a lot more verbiage in the booking process and the receipt, such as:

**Resale or Auction of Advance Reservations is Prohibited. Advance reservations made through the national reservation service may not be advertised or otherwise offered for resale or auction.**
**any resale or auction of campground permits will make the permit/contract null and void**
The Primary Occupant of the site will be required to show photo ID upon check-in at the campground.**

Repeated three times, which hopefully may deter some of the scalping. We'll see next month when the booking window hits the high season.
December 15, 2011 03:23PM
Gotta thank EEEK and others on this forum who took up and ran with the gauntlet and pestered the NPS and the reservation website to deal with the scalpers. Just saw there are still 60 campsites available in Upper Pines for the third week in May (start date 5/14). Maybe that shows that the scalpers have gone elsewhere and haven't gobbled them up?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 04:04PM by mtn man.
December 15, 2011 03:59PM
May always has been slow to sell from what I can remember. June/July/August are gone in 10 mins.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login