Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Day trips from the Bay

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Day trips from the Bay
December 27, 2011 09:01PM
Hello everyone,

This might be a bit random, but my car is on the blink, preventing me from going on my planned day trip up to Yosemite. Does anyone have a day trip planned from the Bay in the next few weeks and wouldn't mind another passenger?

Please let me know!

Thanks!
avatar Re: Day trips from the Bay
December 28, 2011 01:46AM
I have nothing planned yet (the key word here is planned), but from the Bay Area it's easy enough (though a bit longer time-wise) to get to Yosemite Valley via Amtrak. Amtrak uses a combination of buses and trains (the San Joaquin) to transport people to and from the Bay Area and Yosemite. Last time I checked, the prices were pretty reasonable.

And if you're planning to travel to Yosemite during a weekend, most car rental companies like Hertz and Budget offer very low car rental rates for weekend rentals (rent the car on Thursday afternoon or later and return the car by Monday morning). Those rates are typically $25 per day or even less (I've rented as low as $14 per day) for a weekend rental of an economy car (like a Ford Focus) from a local (non-airport) car rental location and the rentals typically include unlimited mileage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login