Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Winter Eats?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 05, 2012 09:19PM
I have a heated tent rental in the Valley next month. Too good a deal to pass up. What are the food options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the winter?
January 05, 2012 09:26PM
January 05, 2012 11:07PM
Paris92

I have a heated tent rental in the Valley next month. Too good a deal to pass up. What are the food options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the winter?

Limited.

Curry Village breakfast: The Coffee Corner.
Curry Village lunch & dinner: The Pizza Patio (indoors next to the bar)

The Ahwahnee - breakfast, Sunday brunch, lunch and dinner: Ahwahnee Dining Room. Also limited lunch and dinner food menu at the Ahwahnee Bar.

Yosemite Village: Degnan's Deli, 8AM to 5PM.

Yosmeite Lodge - breakfast and lunch: the Food Court.
Yosemite Lodge - dinner: the Food Court, the Mountain Room Restaurant, and a limited food menu at the Mountain Room Lounge (the bar).

Best bets for breakfast: The Ahwahnee Dining Room or the Yosemite Lodge Food Court.

Best bets for lunch: Degnan's Deli or the Ahwahnee Dining Room. (The Yosemite Lodge Food Court is also okay – but not great – for lunch.)

Best bets for dinner: The Mountain Room at the Yosemite Lodge, or (if you had packed the appropriate attire to meet its dress code) the Ahwahnee's Dining Room.

January 06, 2012 11:58AM
Awesome info. Thanks.
January 06, 2012 12:47PM
And remember, the best pizza in the entire park is in Curry Village.

Anyone who says any differntly is likely either a North Korean spy or some troublemaker.
January 06, 2012 02:04PM
tanngrisnir3

Best = only?
January 06, 2012 08:14PM
tanngrisnir3

Anyone who says any differntly is likely either a North Korean spy or some troublemaker.

There is no LIKE button here but there should be for this post!

SaveCurryPizza
January 06, 2012 09:28PM
chicagocwright

There is no LIKE button here...

But there's always the 'Like' thumbs up icon that's available: thumbs up
January 06, 2012 01:01PM
The best pizza in the park is NOT in Curry Village. But since the Loft is closed except to employees in winter, you have no other choice.
January 06, 2012 02:46PM
hotrod4x5

The best pizza in the park is NOT in Curry Village. But since the Loft is closed except to employees in winter, you have no other choice.

They serve personal-sized pizzas at the Yosemite Food Court.

[ But the Curry pizza is a lot better than the food court pizza (which is the worst in the park, IMHO). ]
January 06, 2012 04:29PM
plawrence
hotrod4x5

They serve personal-sized pizzas at the Yosemite Food Court.

[ But the Curry pizza is a lot better than the food court pizza (which is the worst in the park, IMHO). ]

I like the loft first, Curry second and the food court last. The Food Court at the lodge uses a four different cheese mix and some sort of herb mix on the crust which I don't like. Before last year, we would go to either Curry or the Loft but then all three of us got sick after eating pizza at Curry and have not gone back since. We also had a few incidences before that when the Curry pizza was either burnt or not cooked enough.
January 06, 2012 02:06PM
I rarely eat out in the park, but when I do, I'm partial to the meatball sandwich at the Lodge. Good value.

Obviously not in the park, but if you are doing the 120, the Priest Station Cafe at the top of Old Priest Grade is pretty nifty.
Open late, great view, good prices. It's been in the hand of the Anker family since 1853, their ranks include some climbers.

http://www.supertopo.com/climbers-forum/960315/Priest-Station-Cafe-Store-Stop-by-on-the-way-to-Yosemite
January 06, 2012 04:50PM
Some other clown agrees:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,22614

Regarding the Priest area... been putting some faux-toes together...
just want to get a photo of the elusive Priest Reservoir ... perhaps someday.

The cafe is still up and running and the food is still excellent.
Can't say about Sweet Potatoes... I aint buying into that fad..
The homemade po-tay-toe chips are awesome though..

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 06, 2012 04:57PM
O... just a note... just cause I want to...

THE Best meal EVER after a backpacking trip...

Mono Hot Springs Resort

mmmm.... Buffalo

Could be due to some Old Dude wanting to put me on his knee all the time
(see his avatar) and/or it was a somewhat lengthy trip... but I'm no foodie...
and I have nearly went out Kaiser just to visit that place again... maybe this year...

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 06, 2012 07:27PM
chick-on
I'm no foodie...

Indeed.
January 06, 2012 06:28PM
chick-on
Some other clown agrees:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,22614

Regarding the Priest area... been putting some faux-toes together...
just want to get a photo of the elusive Priest Reservoir ... perhaps someday.

The cafe is still up and running and the food is still excellent.
Can't say about Sweet Potatoes... I aint buying into that fad..
The homemade po-tay-toe chips are awesome though..

I have to keep the Priest Station Cafe in mind next time I'm traveling TO Yosemite. Often times I stop at Oakdale for a meal while heading into the Park (I rarely stop at Groveland for a meal), but traveling east an extra 40 minutes or so past Oakdale for a good meal is very doable. Just hope that the Priest Station Cafe is open when I do so!

Heading home I usually prefer not stopping for meal until I'm off the mountain and in the Central Valley.

January 07, 2012 01:00AM
If you guys were talking places to eat in groveland, my favorite is to grab a sandwich at Mar-Val (the grocery store behind the liquor store across the street from the infamous Groveland Motel). Those sandwiches are excellent. There was a new taco truck across the street from Hwy 120 towing in front of the hardware store. The prices weren't great compared to bay area taco trucks, but it was good food. The Mexican food place, Cocina Michoacana has really good food, but the service has always been slow for me. I'm usually in more of a hurry, so I grab something I can eat in the car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login