Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Tioga Road to close tonight

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tioga Road to close tonight
January 17, 2012 02:09PM
From the park's facebook page, the Tioga Rd will be closing tonight at 7pm. Snow is forecast, I guess they aren't taking any chances of people getting trapped.

I suppose they won't bother to plow either. I expect this might be the end of ice skating on Tenaya.

Also from the NPS page: http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/tiogaclosedagain12.htm

Date: January 17, 2012
The Tioga Road in Yosemite National Park will close at 7:00 p.m. this evening, Tuesday, January 17, 2012. A series of wet weather systems, with the possibility of heavy snow at the higher elevations, are predicated over the next several days. This possible precipitation, coupled with cold temperatures, will result in hazardous driving conditions on the road.

The Glacier Point Road will remain open through at least this evening. The park will assess the road and weather conditions tomorrow, and there is a possibility the road may close due to hazardous driving conditions.

If conditions change that precipitate the reopening of the Tioga Road, the park will issue a subsequent news release.

For updated 24-hour road and weather information, please call 209-372-0200.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 02:14PM by hotrod4x5.
January 18, 2012 01:47PM
SR 120
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
IS CLOSED FROM CRANE FLAT TO 5 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF US 395
/TIOGA PASS/ (TUOLUMNE, MONO CO) - DUE TO AN INCOMING STORM
- MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
avatar Re: Tioga Road to close tonight
January 18, 2012 10:53PM
Nooooooooooo....!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login