Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Ostrander Lake Hut Conditions (2012)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ostrander Lake Hut Conditions (2012)
January 24, 2012 02:29PM
Any news about conditions heading to Ostrander Lake? I have a reservation for this weekend and I was wondering if it's now possible to ski there. If somebody knows conditions on Glacier Point Road that would help as well. Thanks!
avatar Re: Ostrander Lake Hut Conditions (2012)
January 25, 2012 07:38AM
Me tinks you'll be needing rollers on your skis if you plan on skiing the road.

Call 209.379.5161 and axe them. They should know how things stand...
but I'd imagine with only about a foot of snow... it won't be what you're looking
for yet. Somewhat uneducated guess though. tongue sticking out smiley

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 25, 2012 07:42AM
Another place for info:
http://www.yosemitepark.com/DailySnowReport.aspx

Just looking it says this:
The Cross-Country Ski Center Will Open As Soon As Glacier Point Road
Has Sufficient Snow Coverage. Please Call (209) 372-1326 To Leave A Message
If You Have Any Questions. A Badger Pass Associate Will Return Your Phone Call And Answer Your Questions.

Re: Ostrander Lake Hut Conditions (2012)
January 25, 2012 11:47AM
I got this from the Yosemite Conservancy (the people that handle the Ostrander Lake Hut):

Ostrander <[email protected]>

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:44:09 -0800
Subject: Ostrander Ski Hut Conditions Update

We are happy to report that after the first significant snowfall of the season that Badger Pass is to open on Thursday, January 26. Proceed as normal to Badger Pass to start your trip to Ostrander Lake

As for snow conditions to the hut, we have had limited reports at this time. Two feet of snow fell at Badger Pass and three feet or more fell at Ostrander Lake. No visitors have been to the hut this week so none of the trails to Ostrander have been broken at this point and still may not be by Friday morning. Therefore, be prepared for potentially significant trail breaking and route finding. Other trails in the area have 100% coverage so we expect that Horizon Ridge and the Ostrander Lake Trails have 100% coverage as well. The Glacier Point Road is scheduled to be groomed Wednesday night out to Glacier Point. The ski trail signs have not yet been posted and due to the relatively limited amount of snow and will be tied to trees rather than standing in the snow. This may make finding the trailheads off of the Glacier Point Rd a little more difficult than normal.

Please call us if you have anymore questions.

Have a great weekend at the Hut!

Ostrander Ski Hut Reservations
PO Box 545 Yosemite CA 95389
Phone: 209.379.5161=20
Fax: 209.372.0739
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM PT
Ostrander@yosemiteconservancy.org
January 25, 2012 01:31PM
Sounds pretty decent. Thanks for posting that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login