Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Global Hiker Stopped by Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Global Hiker Stopped by Yosemite
February 07, 2012 09:46PM
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120207/A_NEWS/202070320

"I snowshoed over Tioga Pass and onto Tuolumne Meadows, but that took over three days," Skinner said. "I had to camp out around 9,000 feet for three nights and got mild frostbite on both feet. The good news is that the feet should heal. ... The bad news is that I need to stop walking," he said, explaining that his boots went from "wet" the first night to "frozen" the second night and "frozen solid" by the third night.....

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
February 07, 2012 10:03PM
Wait, this was recent? He just missed the mild weather?
avatar Re: Global Hiker Stopped by Yosemite
February 07, 2012 10:16PM
Just checked his tweets...he was at Tuolumne Jan 25-28 or so.

Dr Colin Skinner Tweet
February 07, 2012 10:19PM
Really BAD planning. Why didn't he plan to cross in spring or summer? Not to mention how ironic that if only he was, what, 2-3 weeks earlier, he'd have made it no problem!
February 08, 2012 08:12AM
We had this story on local TV and radio last week. He started from Lee Vining on Jan 24 and was just about one week too late to beat the storms.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login