Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: When does Yosemite Falls come back to life?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

When does Yosemite Falls come back to life?
March 04, 2012 07:49PM
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of going for a hike up UYF next week (March 11th). Will Yosemite Falls have sprung to life again by then? Is there still an ice cone at the base?

Thanks!
March 04, 2012 08:12PM
It flows throughout the winter, do you mean roaring? Yes, I am sure there is still an ice cone.
avatar Re: When does Yosemite Falls come back to life?
March 04, 2012 08:17PM
While driving back from my Ostrander Hut trip on Presidents Day Weekend I went through the valley...the ice cone is there, but its shockingly small compared to prior years.
March 04, 2012 08:18PM
Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific. I was hoping to hike down to the base of the Falls and I was curious if I was going to get drenched!
March 05, 2012 07:36AM
I'd expect a decent flow with the recent dump of snow.

More than what it was on Feb 20:

Sorry... that's all I got. Someone wanted to sleep in and then I didn't stop at Clark's Mdw/Yose Falls view on way
in like usually do and get a click click.... but there it is in the background... flowing away... I'd bring flippers.
tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
March 05, 2012 10:52AM
I was there on Saturday, it was flowing quite well, especially for early March, probably due to the recent snowfall followed by warm weather.
March 05, 2012 11:35AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login