Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Possible free campsite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 13, 2012 10:06AM
i have a campsite i purchased for March 22nd (a Thursday) for one night only that i may not be able to use. if i can't use it (not positive yet), i'm willing to give it away (for free) to anyone who thinks they could use it (Upper Pines).
avatar Re: Possible free campsite
March 13, 2012 10:28AM
Hmmm i just read the rule that you have to show I.D. when you drive up to get your campsite. would this be a problem giving a campsite away?

what is to keep the Ranger from letting you in if you had the paperwork, but said your friend who purchased the campsite couldn't make it, or simply gave it to you??
March 13, 2012 11:36AM
Yes, that'd be a problem. Thank the scalper for the new rules.
Re: Possible free campsite
March 13, 2012 11:36AM
It is my understanding that they require ID because some people are "scalping" camping sites and permits.
March 13, 2012 04:42PM
so i simply lose the campsite then... what a rip! lol
March 13, 2012 07:08PM
Isn't there a way that you can turn it back in? I thought I heard something like that. Maybe someone else here knows about that.
March 14, 2012 11:30AM
parklover
Isn't there a way that you can turn it back in? I thought I heard something like that. Maybe someone else here knows about that.
Yea, but he won't get a refund.
March 14, 2012 01:40PM
Normally if you cancel (you can cancel online) there is a $10 cancellation fee and the balance will be refunded to you. Go into the campsite reservation site and go to cancellation rules/procedures.
March 15, 2012 08:51AM
yeah, i called and got a $10.00 refund.. i had to eat the other $10.00 though for the cancellation.
March 15, 2012 12:50PM
forrestranger
yeah, i called and got a $10.00 refund.. i had to eat the other $10.00 though for the cancellation.

I wonder if the park gets any of that $10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login