Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Campsite sign up this morning - How did you do?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Campsite sign up this morning - How did you do?
March 15, 2012 07:16AM
Just wanted to memorialize this years experience - I had four computers going and 3 of them actually got hits - All in Upper Pines - Was much easier this time around for me - Is it possible the scalpers are leaving the game or was I just lucky.
March 15, 2012 07:32AM
There were some dates open, but were spread out.

Couldn't get the dates I was looking for.

Ready to play whack a scalper if need be, though.
March 15, 2012 09:54AM
Hi all new to the foum and a big fan of national parks especially Yosemite.
I was able to get a space in Hodgdon for 5 nights at end of july - first of august without difficulty logging in right at 7am.
March 15, 2012 09:28AM
First time I have ever used the reservation system for TM. Usually just show up at 6am. Get a site. Thought I would give it a try.
There were sites in late July and August. Booked for 4 nights. Gee now I don' t have to leave home at midnight to arrive early to get a site.
March 15, 2012 11:59AM
I was able to secure a two week spot for an RV at TM for August.
I was logged in prior to 0700 and performed my requests at exactly 0700 (Verizon ISP time). Within 2 minutes I could not find more than 5 continuous days. Of course this also reflects your search criteria tents/RV by length/group and so your mileage may vary.
March 15, 2012 02:54PM
I was able to secure a week in Tuolumne Meadows in August with no problem. However I have in the past not had any problems securing a site in Tuolumne by just showing up, as long as it wasn't on a Friday or Satuturday night. I didn't even arrive early in the morning.
March 15, 2012 04:13PM
With 8 people we tried from europe! (netherlands), I had 50 webtabs with all diverend sites!.

At 300pm = 700pst, we all push the mouse button, by the 6th webtab, my pc lost the battle, but 2 friends where able to get trough!

So YES, i have 7 days!..... Big smile for me! Dancing GIrl

I am in august at upper pines

its a hell of a job to get it.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 04:16PM by aetor.
March 15, 2012 08:56PM
I am so happy for you! We go every summer and have been lucky enough to get reservations each time. I am glad that you were able to get reservations!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login