All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM reservations/Customer vs Primary Occupant
March 17, 2012 01:53PM
My son made our reservations for TM on the 15th. He paid for it etc, but I was listed as the primary occupant. I am in their system as primary occupant, but not listed on the confirmation email.Their emails don't list primary occupants.

Called the reservation system regarding entry to the campground and here is the info I got from 3 different calls:

Call 1. You need to be the person that made the reservation to get a site
Call, 2 You need to be the person listed as the "pimary occupant" to get a site
Call 3 Either of you will be able to get a site.

Solution; Now we both plan to arrive at the same time that day. We had planned to arrive at different times.

If appears to be a problem regarding how the rule is interpreted by the reservation agent. And who knows how the campground staff will interpret it.

At Tuolumne Meadows it's easier just to show up before they open to get a site.

Oh well
avatar Re: TM reservations/Customer vs Primary Occupant
March 17, 2012 02:29PM
My guess is that if you and your son share the same last name, it won't really matter who shows up first.

If you and your son have different last names, then it could pose a problem (though if you're listed as the primary occupant, they ought to give you the site anyway).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 12:16PM by plawrence.
March 17, 2012 02:44PM
tmcamper
Called the reservation system regarding entry to the campground

The reservations people are working for a contractor. They really don't have anything to do with what happens when you get to the campground. For the best information call the park.
Re: TM reservations/Customer vs Primary Occupant
March 17, 2012 03:06PM
If they are going to enforce the rules, somewhere along the line on that first camping day the primary occupant is going to have to show some sort of I.D., if they are enforcing the rules.
March 20, 2012 06:52AM
Last year they didn't check my I D when arrived at the campground. Just asked my name.
March 20, 2012 01:53PM
jimbo
Last year they didn't check my I D when arrived at the campground. Just asked my name.

That was last year. They had just started the new policy and weren't really enforcing it yet. This year you may find them a lot more strict.
March 20, 2012 07:57AM
I'm surprised that the primary occupant's name doesn't show up. I looked at a rez that I made for my sis for next month...it shows her equipment, but not her name.
March 20, 2012 02:05PM
Yep. It can only be viewed on the reservation system by the agents.At least that is what one agent told me. The agent said she will get that changed so it's printed out. Still...one agent said it was the person making the reservation, another said it was the "primary occupant".

I did ask for an email listing the primary agent, she said she couldn't send it.

This is all a fine idea to stop scalping, but it's too confusing and a big hassle and nobody can get the rules straight.There is the possibility that one will get turned away at the kiosk.
March 20, 2012 09:02PM
tmcamper

This is all a fine idea to stop scalping, but it's too confusing and a big hassle and nobody can get the rules straight.There is the possibility that one will get turned away at the kiosk.

I would think that's a possibility but not a probability, especially if the primary occupant and the one who made the reservation shares the same last name. If the last names are in common, I doubt they will turn the other party away.

But to be safe, I would suggest that you phone the Yosemite campground office the week before your trip to confirm the requirements for checking in, especially if the person who made the reservation is different than the person listed as the primary occupant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login