All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM campsite availibility
March 17, 2012 06:08PM
We have one night reseved at Tuolumne in a tent cabin in August. I was hoping to get up at the crack of dawn (on a Wednesday, no less!) and try to secure a campsite. What are my chances? How early do I need to arrive? On a Wednesday do I even have a good shot?
avatar Re: TM campsite availibility
March 17, 2012 06:33PM
Get in line early and you should be fine.
Re: TM campsite availibility
March 17, 2012 09:31PM
Why not try for a reservation? Even if they are all booked now, they will open up here and there as time goes on. Last year I got 4 nights in TM by logging in every day starting near the end of May. I booked them one day at a time, and when we got there, they just combined them all for 4 nights in one spot.
March 18, 2012 06:23PM
I thought TM campsites didn't accept reservations.
avatar Re: TM campsite availibility
March 18, 2012 06:23PM
houseoftwyman
I thought TM campsites didn't accept reservations.

They allow reservations for 50% of the sites.
March 18, 2012 09:55AM
We always show up at the office no later than 7am. It has always worked for us for 20 years.
Bring cash. Last two times they couldnt take cards or checks. I think the sign says that now
March 18, 2012 04:45PM
tmcamper
We always show up at the office no later than 7am. It has always worked for us for 20 years.
Bring cash. Last two times they couldnt take cards or checks. I think the sign says that now
Last summer the phones were out until we got there near the end of July. That is probably why.
March 18, 2012 05:39PM
How long is the line at 7am on weekdays in August? Do you prefer TM or White Wolf and why?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login