Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: OK, last two from 2 weekends ago, I promise.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

OK, last two from 2 weekends ago, I promise.
March 28, 2012 07:06AM
Just trying to make things either not often shot or rather mundane into something interesting.

Without clicking on the 'woods' photograph to get the details, can you tell where I shot it?

Cathedral Spires, Looking up Phantom Valley by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

Deep in the Woods 2 by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr
avatar Re: OK, last two from 2 weekends ago, I promise.
March 28, 2012 12:58PM
tanngrisnir3

My guess is that this photo was taken somewhere inside Yosemite National Park near an edge of a meadow.

I'm I correct? Do I win a prize?

(Great photos, BTW. Thanks for sharing them.)
March 29, 2012 05:57AM
plawrence
tanngrisnir3

My guess is that this photo was taken somewhere inside Yosemite National Park near an edge of a meadow.

I'm I correct? Do I win a prize?

(Great photos, BTW. Thanks for sharing them.)

YES! It's at the pullout on NS Drive at Ahwahnee meadows, looking northwest towards Basket and North Domes.
March 28, 2012 01:07PM
Awesome photos, thank you for sharing them with us!
March 29, 2012 09:06AM
Please don't promise to stop submitting photos, I love them! What makes you think others don't want anymore?
March 29, 2012 06:40PM
I agree, certainly don't stop on my account! These are nice.
March 29, 2012 07:27PM
Fer real. This forum could always use more photos.

What are we up to 50 post about tire chains, um cables, um snow ti- Zzzzz wait what was I saying. Zzzz

Picture is worth 1000 posts of mundane, pedantic regulation talk.
I'll take picture anyday .... sustains me until the next visit to the Park.
March 29, 2012 01:36PM
I've enjoyed all of them also. Feel free to post any more that you think are good. smileys with beer
March 29, 2012 07:42PM
Ditto for me. Remember that a significant portion of us, even the regulars, are not from California and are able to get to Yosemite far less often than we'd like (I'm certainly speaking for me but I'm pretty sure several others feel the same). For us, we have to live vicariously for most of the year so photos, whether brilliantly artistic ones are simple snapshots of what some obscure trail looked like when you hit the really overgrown spots, trip reports and even GPS tracks are a godsend for those of us can't get enough of the park (and even though he seems to spend more time there than many of the rangers, I think it's safe to say that even chick-on loves seeing trip reports and pictures! Chick-on avec les pieds)

So by all means, keep 'em coming!
March 29, 2012 10:03PM
Yes, keep the pictures coming. I can never get enough of Yosemite. Even as we are driving out of the park after a vacation there, I am thinking of the next time we will be going. Also, I can't hike much anymore and love seeing pictures of places that I will never get to. And I even enjoy seeing pictures of places that I have been many times, especially at different times of the year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login