Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Heavy snow and power outage force cancellation of Wawona Workshop

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Heavy snow and power outage force cancellation of Wawona Workshop
April 13, 2012 11:06AM
Today’s Merced River Plan workshop in Wawona, scheduled from 1 – 3:30 p.m., has been canceled due to inclement weather and a power outage in the Wawona area, including the Community Hall. Heavy snow continues to fall in Wawona, and there has been no power in the Wawona Community Hall since 8:30 a.m. We apologize for the late notice, and will let you know the date for the rescheduled meeting as soon as we determine it.
avatar Re: Heavy snow and power outage force cancellation of Wawona Workshop
April 13, 2012 02:31PM
I know for a fact the snow level got down to 2800 feet.
Re: Heavy snow and power outage force cancellation of Wawona Workshop
April 13, 2012 04:00PM
Heard that it snowed in Oakhurst but did not stick.
April 13, 2012 08:32PM
Yikes! I'm suppose to go up to Yosemite Valley tomorrow (Saturday) with a few friends. Do you think we will "need" snow chains if we come up Hwy 140? Do you think it will be ok in the valley?
April 13, 2012 10:11PM
I don't think so. They should have what's left plowed by the time you get there. To make sure, stop and take a short hike on the Hite's Cove Trail. Most of the flowers are within the first mile or so. Or stop at Briceburg and walk up the Burma Grade for a bit. Lots of flowers there too.
April 13, 2012 10:19PM
You probably won't need them on Hwy 140, but be sure to bring them along so don't have any risk of being hassled at the gate. Technically, all vehicles are still required to carry chains in them when entering the park.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login