Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: April 21 - 29 is National Park week!!! Free Entry!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar April 21 - 29 is National Park week!!! Free Entry!
April 18, 2012 08:08AM
Yay! Free entry!! It looks like most of the special events happen on the first weekend.

I have a campsite in the valley during that time so it looks like I got lucky. I had no Idea. I feel kinda guilty. Will they let me pay anyway.....lol.

This will be the first time in a long time, I am going to the park with no real plans in mind. Going to bring bikes and do the tourist thing in the valley. No big treks or all day outings, just a slow pace of life in the most beautiful setting I can think of. Lazy day by the river, a quick run up to Sierra Point and maybe the Mist Trail, maybe explore a bit (by myself) over at the Sunnyside Bench/Fern Ledge.

A 4 day, 3 night vacation in the valley for a family of 4, including gas, is going to cost me about $400.00. OK, maybe $450 if we go for pizza and beer at the Curry Village deck.

Can't really beat that!

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
avatar Re: April 21 - 29 is National Park week!!! Free Entry!
April 18, 2012 08:09AM
Ok...maybe that was a few too many exclamation marks in the title. I got carried away.

It's not that exciting.

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
April 18, 2012 08:23AM
And not a single exclamation point in the sentence about Curry Village Pizza deck...sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 08:23AM by chicagocwright.
April 18, 2012 11:38AM
chicagocwright
And not a single exclamation point in the sentence about Curry Village Pizza deck...sad smiley

Because there are no porters at the pizza deck. sad smiley
April 18, 2012 12:00PM
Can I come too? I would love to one time go to Yosemite and not have any plans on what I am going to do and just hang out and enjoy the view.
April 18, 2012 03:53PM
Funny you should ask...My campsite reservation is for 6 ppl and two cars. I only have four and one car, so I could squeeze someone in....

The bidding begins at a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada Pal Ale...

April 18, 2012 06:05PM
Jayabrams
Funny you should ask...My campsite reservation is for 6 ppl and two cars. I only have four and one car, so I could squeeze someone in....

The bidding begins at a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada Pal Ale...

Wish I could. We have a bunch of school activites the next few weeks so have to hang around home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login