Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Glacier Point Road will open 4/20 @ 5pm

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Glacier Point Road will open 4/20 @ 5pm
April 19, 2012 03:00PM
Date: April 19, 2012

Tioga Road Remains Closed

The Glacier Point Road in Yosemite National Park will open for the season on tomorrow, Friday, April 20, at 5:00 p.m. There will be limited visitor services available at Glacier Point. Vault toilets will be available, and there will be no running water. There is no projected opening date for the Bridalveil Creek Campground.

The roadway may be wet due to melting snow and wildlife may be present on or near the road. Visitors are urged to drive with caution while in the park. The Glacier Point Road is subject to unexpected and temporary closures due to unpredictable spring storms that may produce snow at the higher elevations of the park.

Due to snow, ice, and avalanche conditions, the Tioga Road will remain closed. There is no projected opening date for the Tioga Road at this time.

For up to date, 24 hour road and weather information, please call 209-372-0200.
avatar Re: Glacier Point Road will open 4/20 @ 5pm
April 19, 2012 04:06PM
Dang. I usually do a Pohono trek this time of year and have GP to myself...
Decision time I guess... Up Indian Canyon... or take it easy along the S Rim?

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 19, 2012 04:15PM
Is this a record?
April 19, 2012 04:32PM
In 2010 it opened on March 26 and then was reclosed at some point and then reopened on May 21st.
April 20, 2012 09:08AM
Thanks for this update.

book 'em, dan-o. Lodge reservations, two nights.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login