Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Name this falls...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Name this falls...
May 02, 2012 05:01PM
I shot this in Dec 2010 during that big rain storm from just behind the Indian Village. Does this have a name? Or is it unnamed? (yes, I am talking about the smaller one, on the right, not Yosemite Falls!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 05:02PM by hotrod4x5.
May 02, 2012 06:19PM
There are quite a few seasonal waterfalls that have no names. Just recently saw one cascading (zig-zagging) down to the left of Horsetail on El Cap . I also like the tears coming down from Washburn.

For yours: shall we give it a name? Sunnyside Fall?
May 02, 2012 07:30PM
The camera angle is making it hard to figure out but it might be Lehamite Falls in Indian Canyon.
May 02, 2012 07:37PM
parklover
The camera angle is making it hard to figure out but it might be Lehamite Falls in Indian Canyon.

no! not even close

Arrowhead Spire appears to be on the right of the picture. This means the right edge of the photo is on the left or west edge of Indian Canyon.
Lehamite Falls is in a cleft on the right or east side of Indian Canyon.
Indian Canyon is off picture to the right. So Lehamite Falls is even more to the right.

We seem to be looking up at Sunnyside Bench. Could this be one of the creeks that you cross on the Sunnyside Bench Trail . . . nah, I think this is to far east

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 07:45PM by qumqats.
May 02, 2012 08:22PM
qumqats
parklover

no! not even close

Arrowhead Spire appears to be on the right of the picture. This means the right edge of the photo is on the left or west edge of Indian Canyon.
Lehamite Falls is in a cleft on the right or east side of Indian Canyon.
Indian Canyon is off picture to the right. So Lehamite Falls is even more to the right.

We seem to be looking up at Sunnyside Bench. Could this be one of the creeks that you cross on the Sunnyside Bench Trail . . . nah, I think this is to far east

You are right, I got confused by the angle the picture was taken at and did not recognize Arrowhead Spire.
May 02, 2012 09:26PM
looks like the water is flowing over sunnyside bench, theres usually a stream there.
May 03, 2012 01:52AM
That waterfall has no name that I'm aware of since it's extremely ephemeral. It's watershed is the small but steep ravine just east of Yosemite Point.
May 05, 2012 09:56AM
Someone should name it then :-). How do waterfalls get names, official ones?
May 05, 2012 05:57PM
lizzy79
Someone should name it then :-). How do waterfalls get names, official ones?

http://geonames.usgs.gov/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login