All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Yosemite Falls Trail open to the top?
May 02, 2012 07:01PM
I will be in the valley May 5 -9 and plan to hike the upper falls trail. Last year at this time I had to turn back before the top due to snow. Any reports on the trail conditions this year?

Thanks,

Tom
avatar Re: Upper Yosemite Falls Trail open to the top?
May 02, 2012 08:13PM
Yes, it's open. I have a photo taken two weeks ago of some people at the railing overlooking the upper falls. I remember snow patches on the trail last May just after Oh My Gosh Point. None this year.
May 03, 2012 09:56PM
I did it exactly one month ago. I know there has been some snow between now and then, but not much.
May 03, 2012 10:04PM
It's long gone. It will be zero snow all the way now...
Taken last Saturday:

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Upper Yosemite Falls Trail open to the top?
May 05, 2012 12:58PM
Probably need to make it up earlier this year with all the snow already melting away.
May 05, 2012 10:05AM
Please report back on the status this weekend you are there. I am hoping to make it up next weekend if I can get off of work.
May 05, 2012 01:29PM
I went to the top (Eagle Peak actually) a few weeks ago and there was no snow to the top of the falls and just a little patch to Yosemite Pt. I would not worry about it at all.
May 05, 2012 05:18PM
Thanks for the update.
May 05, 2012 07:47PM
Tom F.
I will be in the valley May 5 -9 and plan to hike the upper falls trail. Last year at this time I had to turn back before the top due to snow. Any reports on the trail conditions this year?

Thanks,

Tom

What's wrong with snow?

I hiked it in a February. There was snow near the top, but plenty of tracks to follow. I went postholing through some snow, but it was very manageable. I would have rather have worn gaiters, but it wasn't bad at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login