All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Cancelling Camping Reservation
May 16, 2012 01:52PM
Not trying to scalp this site. I may have to cancel a 7 night upper pines reservation for June. Should I post the date and let readers of this site know when I cancel it to give them a shot at this campsite? Or should I just cancel without any notice?
avatar Re: Cancelling Camping Reservation
May 16, 2012 01:56PM
I think the reservations system doesn't put them back into the regular inventory. They were supposed to put such cancelled sites into an inventory that could only be repurchased via walk up at the Curry Village campground office.
Re: Cancelling Camping Reservation
May 16, 2012 01:56PM
Site #?
May 16, 2012 03:23PM
max1
Not trying to scalp this site. I may have to cancel a 7 night upper pines reservation for June. Should I post the date and let readers of this site know when I cancel it to give them a shot at this campsite? Or should I just cancel without any notice?

My recent experience is that as soon as you cancel it goes right back on the reservation system. You may want to offer this to this forum by giving only dates to start with and then have an intersted party (only do it with someone you recognize or Eeek can verify as a non scalper), contact you by a PM and arrange between them and you an exact time when you will cancel it so they can be on the computer and snag it as soon as you cancel it. Wondering if we could use a separate forum for this type of thing (advising fellow forum members that we are going to give up a campsite thus giving them a chance to snag it)? But I would do the cancellation date and times by PM so scalpers who probably watch this forum couldn't grab it. Just an idea.
May 16, 2012 05:18PM
I cancelled 6 nights before our last trip (picked up a different site,) and the campsite that I cancelled was up on the reservation site a few minutes later.
May 18, 2012 05:13PM
Just cancelled site #41, Lower Pines, for this Sunday night if anyone wants to jump on it....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login