Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Tenaya Canyon - 3D

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 19, 2012 03:17PM
I finally got this one to work right. Best viewed from 3 or 4 from the monitor. It looks too flat when viewed close.

Tenaya Canyon from Glacier Point Anaglyph

May 19, 2012 09:26PM
Great job! Looks fantastic on my monitor.

One thing I find very interesting: everything looks so 3D except for the clouds faraway in the background. Because of this, it really reminds me of looking into a large diorama where the clouds have been painted on the back wall of the diorama.

These anaglyphs are so cool. Thanks for all you work on them!
May 19, 2012 09:51PM
The problem with the clouds is that they change fast and there is a short time between images as I walked from one spot to find the next clear spot. I spoke to my friend about taking simultaneous images when there are clouds in the field. We might try it. It would be cool to have 3D clouds.
May 20, 2012 07:59AM
Another amazing one!!!!! Thanks!

You never did answer eeek's question about how far apart the 2 photos should be.

Keep them coming please!

And if you answer... maybe I can get some stuff from way out there...

Thanks again

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 21, 2012 01:34PM
I thought I made a comment somewhere about that. It depends on the distance of what you're photographing. Assuming you have stereo vision out to about 20 feet, and average eyes a bit less than 3" apart, then at a mile the images need to be about 150' apart, at 5 miles 700' apart. For exaggerated 3D the distance apart can be much greater which I think is the case for the images I've posted.
May 20, 2012 04:37PM
Running out of adjectives, but this is another great one. Appreciate all of your effort.
May 23, 2012 12:42PM
Wow! Just got my 3D glasses in the mail today and these shots are INCREDIBLE! Thank you VERY much for taking the time to do this...really fabulous shots!
Bowing to his greatness
May 23, 2012 08:23PM
Thanks! Maybe a few more people will get the glasses to see what they're missing.
May 23, 2012 09:16PM
What can I say? I bumped a number of them up...

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,53807,54956#msg-54956

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 31, 2012 11:48AM
Surprisingly rec'd my glasses today. Are these photos best viewed in the dark? Which lighting conditions do you recommend? Thanks.
May 31, 2012 02:57PM
Any lighting condition works for me.

But what helps my eyes lock into the 3D effect is to slowly move the 3D image up and down (or to the left and right) with my mouse while viewing the image with my 3D glasses. Doing this will make my eyes see the image in spectacular 3D.

Also what might help is adjusting your viewing distance. Move your head closer then farther away from the screen and see what distance works best for any particular 3D image.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login