All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tenaya Lake to Cathedral Climbers Route
May 20, 2012 09:13PM
I know this topic has been covered previously, at least I think it has, but does anyone know the shortcut route from Lower Cathedral Lake to Tenaya? I recall reading somewhere--I think here but couldn't find it when I searched for it--about someone exiting Lower Cathedral per its outlet to Tenaya. As I remember it, they had some difficulties but eventually made it. People also mentioned a preferrable "climbers route." Anyone know anything about this?
Re: Tenaya Lake to Cathedral Climbers Route
May 21, 2012 06:15AM
There is a "fishermans" trail that uses the climbers approach for Meddilicott dome but that doesn't lead you directly to tenaya Lake. The most direct approach is from the Cathedral lakes outlet. Using common sense and past experience will get you down safely. Other than a few moves of class 3 IMO it is straight forward. It basically dumps you out behind Pywiack Dome where you can take the established trail to Tenaya Lake
avatar Re: Tenaya Lake to Cathedral Climbers Route
May 21, 2012 06:43AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login