Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: North Rim/ Tuolumne Trip Report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar North Rim/ Tuolumne Trip Report
May 23, 2012 11:23AM
I went on an overnighter on the North Rim this Monday/Tues. Started from Mirror Lake, spent the night on North Dome and exited Yosemite Falls on day two. Snow was virtually nonexistant on the entire North Rim and trails were clear and easy to follow. After seeing how little snow there was I was determined to head up to Tuolumne and have a look at conditions there. I hiked up to May Lake, which was partially frozen over, and checked out conditions from the ridge just to the East of the lake. Later I hiked up to Lembert Dome and Dog Lake and saw zero snow near those trails. What snow is out there is melting fast and will probably be gone in a few weeks.

Pictures are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/117025886482845091325/NorthRimMay2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCKDv7vTO_ZnR1gE#5745790469138520130

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2012 11:24AM by ckm554.
avatar Re: North Rim/ Tuolumne Trip Report
May 23, 2012 11:44AM
Kewl. Tanks for Sharon

(btw... there was scant little snow on this route a month ago)

smiling smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 24, 2012 06:27PM
Thanks for the trip report and the link to your photos. It looked like the weather and conditions were great those two days.
May 24, 2012 07:34PM
Nice pictures, particularly the sunrise ones. Thanks. Where was your water supply when camping at North Dome?
May 24, 2012 11:04PM
I took the trail along Lehamite Creek as opposed to the trail along Indian Ridge and filled up at Lehamite before hiking to North Dome. However Royal Arch Creek was flowing and I could have filled up there.

According to the Nat Geo map it is actually shorter? But mostly I didn't want to have to hike back down to get water once I got to the dome.

Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login