Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tuolumne Meadows Campground
June 08, 2012 10:19AM
Tuolumne Meadows Campground will open for the season on Friday, June 8, 2012, on a first-come, first-serve basis through June 12. One half of the sites in the campground will be available for reservations on June 8 via recreation.gov or by calling 877-444-6777 for arrival dates of June 13 and beyond, while the other half will remain available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
June 08, 2012 11:54AM
Thank you for this update! Just on Tuesday a wrangler standing right by the pay phones outside the campground said it wouldn't be opening for weeks. I guess this indicates one shall not trust the word of Yosemite wranglers.
June 08, 2012 01:16PM
Wow, that is contradictory to what a ranger told me last year about it staying first come first served until July if it opened early. I guess every year is different.

And what do they do on the 12th? Make everyone leave?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 01:17PM by hotrod4x5.
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground
June 08, 2012 01:21PM
hotrod4x5
And what do they do on the 12th? Make everyone leave?

No, the sites that are taken won't be given out at check-in.
June 08, 2012 01:23PM
But they will need at least half of them free for the reservations. If the CG fills up on the 9th, for example, and at least half don't leave on the morning of the 13th, what will they do?
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground
June 08, 2012 01:27PM
hotrod4x5
But they will need at least half of them free for the reservations. If the CG fills up on the 9th, for example, and at least half don't leave on the morning of the 13th, what will they do?

I'm sure they deal with that in the reservation system.
June 08, 2012 01:45PM
Your head could spin trying to figure out how they handle it! Oh well, I am sure they know what they are doing. Good news about the CG opening so early. A nice long season up there for camping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login