Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Need 2 Half Dome Permits for 6/25 or 6/26

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Need 2 Half Dome Permits for 6/25 or 6/26
June 10, 2012 10:13PM
Anyone have two extra Half Dome permits for 6/25 or 6/26?

I plan on entering the "second chance" lottery for those dates, but I'd like to avoid mystery and last-minute disappointment.
Re: Need 2 Half Dome Permits for 6/25 or 6/26
June 10, 2012 10:49PM
Pretty sure they are non transferable.
avatar Re: Need 2 Half Dome Permits for 6/25 or 6/26
June 11, 2012 08:15AM
nthakar
Anyone have two extra Half Dome permits for 6/25 or 6/26?

I plan on entering the "second chance" lottery for those dates, but I'd like to avoid mystery and last-minute disappointment.

They aren't transferable and they do check ID.
Re: Need 2 Half Dome Permits for 6/25 or 6/26
June 11, 2012 08:39AM
My understanding is that so long as the group leader listed on the permit is present, it doesn't matter who else is there.

For instance, if two people from a four- or six-person group had to drop out, I could take their places.
June 11, 2012 09:05AM
nthakar
My understanding is that so long as the group leader listed on the permit is present, it doesn't matter who else is there.

For instance, if two people from a four- or six-person group had to drop out, I could take their places.

Nobody here is accusing you of trying to purchase or trade a permit, but they're not bearer instrument tickets like they were the first year. In years past people with extras actually left them at the checkpoint or told the ranger that they had unusued permit slots, and the ranger at the checkpoint would allow people showing up without permits to use those tickets or slots.

I think you could probably do this within the letter and intent of the regulations, but you would probably need to accompany the group leader.
June 11, 2012 11:16AM
nthakar

That's true and there's nothing wrong with doing that. But you will have to be part of that group.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login