Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tenaya Lake / Creek crossing

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tenaya Lake / Creek crossing
June 13, 2012 10:40AM
I'd like to walk around the lake this coming weekend but I understand there's a creek that needs to be crossed on the Western end - which might make it impossible to do "comfortably" this time of year. I'm a sissy when it comes to crossing streams, etc. Does anyone know the current conditions there? Thanks.
June 13, 2012 10:56AM
Given how dry a year it is, I would expect that by now that the creek crossing you're referring to--which I'm guessing is the outlet near the Sunrise trailhead--is crossable w/o getting wet. There is a series of stones that have been placed across the stream to make the crossing easier. Good news is you can park at the Sunrise T/H and check it out first--it's a minute walk from the parking lot
June 13, 2012 11:53AM
Thanks a million. So excited about my trip to the T.M. tent cabins!
June 13, 2012 04:18PM
Last week I did Clouds Rest and did take my hiking shoes off to cross. On the way back other hikers were just making a "wet boot crossing." This was June 7, so the crossing would be even less now. Nothing to be concerned about at all.
avatar Re: Tenaya Lake / Creek crossing
June 13, 2012 05:34PM
I crossed on 6/7. It was about a foot deep. It was a snap with water socks. Probably not too bad just taking boots off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login