Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: TM Reservation arrival time

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM Reservation arrival time
June 13, 2012 03:21PM
We usually just show up super early and get a site at TM campground. This year we used the reservation system. It shows a check-in time of 12 noon.
Do the kiosk staff make you wait until 12 noon or can you get in early.

Thanks for any info on this topic.

Dave
June 13, 2012 03:30PM
tmcamper
We usually just show up super early and get a site at TM campground. This year we used the reservation system. It shows a check-in time of 12 noon.

Dave

12 noon is the last minute a previous camper can stay in his/her site in order to allow the next camper to take over the site. However many campers vacate early in which case you'll be able to move in early. All depends also if you have a site specific site (which I don't thin T.M. does). Anyways if you get there before noon go to the kiosk anyways and they'll probably assign you a site.
avatar Re: TM Reservation arrival time
June 14, 2012 09:47AM
mtn man
tmcamper

Dave

12 noon is the last minute a previous camper can stay in his/her site in order to allow the next camper to take over the site. However many campers vacate early in which case you'll be able to move in early. All depends also if you have a site specific site (which I don't thin T.M. does). Anyways if you get there before noon go to the kiosk anyways and they'll probably assign you a site.

I never quite understood that - especially with campsites that are specifically reserved by campsite location. I could imagine someone leaving right as one tried to enter. There's no room to fudge the time just in case someone isn't quite out yet.

It's not quite like booking a room in a hotel, where they need some time for housekeeping to finish cleaning up. Even if that were the case, I've checked in way early if a room was available. I think that's sort of how campsites assigned at checkin can work.
June 13, 2012 06:58PM
Yeah, it all depends if previous campers have vacated the sites.
June 14, 2012 09:40AM
Thanks for the information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login