All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Hwy 108 Dispersed camping recs for car camping with toddlers?
June 16, 2012 03:22PM
Hi Everyone,
We're planning on a couple dispersed car camping trips with our 3yo and 1yo during the week of 4th of July (I know, I know...) using my dad's home in Twain Harte as home base. Despite a few years of "tent-training" (even in our tiny SF apartment sometimes!) the kiddos can be quite vocal at night and we don't want to disturb other campers in organized sites. Ideally it would be great to be near water since it's more interesting for the kids, but we're open to pretty much anything that offers a glimpse of Sierra stomping lives pre-kiddo. I have to get bag some nights outside this summer or I'm going to go crazy. Would love any reccomendations for nice car camping sites off the beaten path that might offer some relative solotude during that holiday week. Based on some initial research I was looking at the USFS roads aroudn Beardsley Lake and also in the Herring Creek Reservoir area. We have a Subaru wagon and have tackled some gnarly roads all over this state - so feel pretty comfortable with challenging drives - as long as it isn't too sketchy getting out considering our passengers.

Thanks so much for your time and ideas! The winner gets directions to our favorite dispersed site off 395 near Mono Lake ; )
-Jody
www.sierrasoul.com
avatar Re: Hwy 108 Dispersed camping recs for car camping with toddlers?
June 16, 2012 06:14PM
PM sent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login