Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Lyell Canyon Trip Report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Lyell Canyon Trip Report
June 19, 2012 09:00PM
Spent a lovely couple of days in Lyell canyon this past weekend. It's still early spring and the flowers are just starting to bloom up there. The fishing was ok for catch/release, all the 5 inch brookies you can handle! The trail was slightly muddy in certain areas but overall it's pretty dried out. The creek crossings are all very easy at this point as well. And now some pics:

Re: Lyell Canyon Trip Report
June 19, 2012 09:08PM
Thank you. How far did you go?
June 19, 2012 09:22PM
Camped about 1.5 miles from the base of Donahue pass at the end of the canyon. The ranger said the pass is still covered in snow but navigable.
avatar Re: Lyell Canyon Trip Report
June 19, 2012 09:30PM
Very cool, thanks for the report!
June 19, 2012 10:25PM
Nice shots. I could use a trip like that
June 21, 2012 06:44PM
Any word on the mosquitoes? How bad were they?
June 22, 2012 07:34AM
They are out but not horrible yet. I packed a head net but never really needed it. Was able to get away with natural bug juice, didn't need to break out the deet.
avatar Re: Lyell Canyon Trip Report
June 22, 2012 01:06PM
Nice that you escaped from serious mosquito wrath. I really love that last pic with the snow in the pass. Thanks for taking the time to share the pics!
June 22, 2012 01:29PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login