Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Triple Peak Pass

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Triple Peak Pass
June 24, 2012 10:27AM
Is one of the passes on the SW border of Yosemite National Park also known as "Triple Peak Pass"?
June 24, 2012 10:47AM
Hmm, maybe Triple Divide Peak on the boundary between Yosemite NP and Ansel Adams Wilderness?!

Wiki

But then again this is more in the SE (near Edna Lake).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2012 11:14AM by Half Dome Hiker.
June 24, 2012 11:10AM
In this book I'm reading, My First 40 Jobs, the author--who had worked up in Yosemite--mentions Triple Peak Pass. From the description he gives, I think he meant Isberg Pass or Post Peak Pass.
June 24, 2012 11:22AM
In his book he says

...where I would sleep on top of 11000 foot Triple Peak Pass at the very borders of Yosemite...

Triple Divide Peak is 11,611 ft. high and it's also at the very border of YNP. Must be a coincidence but maybe Chick-on can shed some light on it?!
June 24, 2012 12:10PM
I bet it's Post Peak Pass, which has connecting ridges to Post Peak, Isberg Peak and Triple Divide Peak. Also, one the headwaters of the Merced River flowing from that area into Washburn Lake is named Triple Peak Fork [river].
June 24, 2012 05:14PM
My best guess is it is the pass about 1/2 S of Triple Divide.
Definitely on the park border. And class 1. To the west is
Horse Thief Canyon. I've posted photos of this canyon before.
Clicky Here for Pass Location

Chick-on is looking at you!
June 25, 2012 10:46AM
chick-on,

Speaking of this area, have you ever been to the Rutherford Lake area near Fernandez Pass? Next year I was thinking of doing Red Peak but including the loop that hits Post Peak Pass and Fernandez Pass.
June 25, 2012 10:44PM
Tom,
I've done the "5-Pass Loop"... but have not gone to any of those lakes outside the park
along it's way other than Porphyr (which is really close to the trail).
With the "beach ball" granite... it was the one I was most interested in... along with Turner.
So on that trip I short-cut it in order to visit Turner and also the tarn that is due N of Edna.
Since OD and I have had goal of hiking all the trails in the park... I've been up
Fernandez a few times... but outside the park there only once.
That area is spectacular. Unfortunately IMO they went and stuck the main trail from
Fernandez to Post Peak Pass mostly along a wooded area.
It's still nice. It's a very popular route.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login