Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Mist Trail Wetness

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Mist Trail Wetness
June 25, 2012 08:52AM
Two years ago I went up the Mist Trail on July 4th after a high snow year and I got soaked. I am taking my family along next week and I have told them to be prepared to get completely wet, but that because of the low snow year that it may not be bad at all.

Has anyone been up the trail in the last week or two? How is the water flow, are we going to get soaked?

Thanks!

Matt
June 25, 2012 09:22AM
I was on the Mist May 31, all we got was lightly misted. Had a rain jacket and raincover for the backpack, never even pulled them out. Had cameras in my hip belt open-mesh pockets and they were fine. That was 3.5 weeks ago so the flow now will be even less.

Here's a brief video from our trip:
June 25, 2012 10:20AM
You might get some mist. The Merced is still showing its strength. Yesterday at Nevada, it was a bit misty at the Overlook and the bridge - more than expected. The concerns were more for my camera than anything else. Didn't go to Vernal, however.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 10:50AM by Ohnivy-Drak.
June 25, 2012 10:47AM
A friend of mine hiked HD a week ago. He reported that you don't need a poncho or any special clothing for the Mist Trail. Just your regular hiking stuff will be fine. Vernal Fall is still running but nothing to be afraid of.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login