Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Rafting the Merced

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 26, 2012 06:31PM
Does anyone know if the river is still open to Rafting in the valley. We will be there the week of July 8th and wondering if we should pack the rafts. Thanks!
June 26, 2012 06:36PM
Here's the phone number and website info, best to contact them directly:

(209) 372-4386
http://www.yosemitepark.com/rafting.aspx
June 26, 2012 07:04PM
talked to them a week ago they were hoping to keep it open until June 30th. I'm leaving my rafts at home
June 28, 2012 04:45PM
Thanks for the info. May just leave the boats at home.
June 29, 2012 09:25AM
I just called them and they said they are still open but the river levels are very low at the moment. As for rafting rentals they said they will be keeping them open as long as they can but at the moment it is iffy day by day. As of today, they are renting. Tomorrow, who knows......

I'll be in the Valley on Monday and hope to rent a raft for the kids. They'll be disappointed if they're closed, so we'll see....

Anybody in the valley now have a live report of conditions?
July 05, 2012 06:59PM
Just talked to the vendor and as of today they are still renting rafts but it is day to day. I'm sure the realy wanted to keep it open through the holiday ($$$$). If the rentals are still on it should still be good for little boats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login