All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

North Rim reliable water sources?
July 08, 2012 06:58PM
As this is a drier year than normal, and as I have never been along the North Rim Trail, I am wondering whether the water sources depicted on maps are generally reliable (Fireplace Creek, Cascade Creek, Ribbon, Eagle, Yosemite, Lehamite, Arch, etc), and/or whether there are stretches that will require loading up with water? Will be starting at Rockslides and continuing through to the area near the bridge at snow creek just before descending into Tenaya. Then we will exit towards Tioga road and up to May Lake/ Mt. Hoffman.

Thanks for any info!

Frank
avatar Re: North Rim reliable water sources?
July 09, 2012 07:55AM
Rockslides... uh... ok...

Have no idea what you mean by "descending into Tenaya"

Regardless, all those mentioned should have a trickle in them at least.
I personally wouldn't HAVE to get water out of these though:
Fireplace, Eagle, Arch

Cascade, Ribbon, Yosemite, Indian Canyon, Lehamite, Snow
alll will have water year round.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: North Rim reliable water sources?
July 09, 2012 02:49PM
What I meant by that was, the descent from the Rim along the snow creek trail (?) back into the Valley. I have it in my mind, perhaps wrongly, that it is a descent into Tenaya Canyon by Mirror Lake and then out towards Yosemite Valley.

Thanks for the info about the water sources.
Re: North Rim reliable water sources?
July 09, 2012 03:15PM
Perhaps my language was also confusing. I am not descending down that trail back into the valley, but am planning to camp at the top there, across from half dome before the trail drops back down into the valley. I plan to turn back north after spending the night and head towards May lake / Hoffman -- then into TM backpackers camp, get permit, etc before heading on the other hike north of Tioga.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login