Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Pohono to Glacier to Panorama to Happy Isles - one day?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Pohono to Glacier to Panorama to Happy Isles - one day?
July 18, 2012 09:04AM
Hi,

Last May, I got a chance to hike Foresta Trail to Yosemite Valley via El Capitan, Eagle Peak, and YF. It was a great hike; took about 10 hours. I believe it was just under 20 miles.

I'd like to return to Yosemite in October and was curious if hiking the Pohono Trail (from Tunnel View) up to Glacier Point and then down Panorama Trail to JMT to Happy Isles is possible in one day? The mileage seems close to the El Capitan hike I did a few months ago. It looks like an alternative would be hiking down the Four Mile Trail instead of Panorama.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

-Matt
avatar Re: Pohono to Glacier to Panorama to Happy Isles - one day?
July 18, 2012 10:01PM
thepoloman33
Hi,

Last May, I got a chance to hike Foresta Trail to Yosemite Valley via El Capitan, Eagle Peak, and YF. It was a great hike; took about 10 hours. I believe it was just under 20 miles.

I'd like to return to Yosemite in October and was curious if hiking the Pohono Trail (from Tunnel View) up to Glacier Point and then down Panorama Trail to JMT to Happy Isles is possible in one day? The mileage seems close to the El Capitan hike I did a few months ago. It looks like an alternative would be hiking down the Four Mile Trail instead of Panorama.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

-Matt

The only problem will be all the spots to stop and enjoy along the way. That could add 2-3 hours to the hiking time. Maybe more.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login