Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Craigslist posting flagged

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Craigslist posting flagged
July 23, 2012 12:55PM
My posting on Craigslist got flagged by someone. I am not sure why. I wasn't selling the campsite or making any money off of it. I was just offering it to anyone that would like to use it. I plan to be in the park at the same time to give over the reservation. I was trying to give them away so I don't lose my $104. deposit. I completely agree that people should not sell campsite reservations and I put a lot of effort into getting these reservations (days and days of calling). The Craigslist listing should not have been flagged for inappropriate use.
avatar Re: Craigslist posting flagged
July 23, 2012 01:22PM
Craigslist doen't flag anything; its users do.
July 23, 2012 03:46PM
Wasn't your ad the one for the Housekeeping camp? If so I don't think that ad link was ever posted here for flagging. That's like a hotel reservation not a NPS campsite
July 23, 2012 03:53PM
Tran probably saw it as competition. He always flagged our posts last year when we'd put PSA's up showing that ID was required for check-ins.
July 23, 2012 03:54PM
I personally would never flag a DNC reservation being resold though, since those are bought at market value unlike the NPS campsites.
July 23, 2012 04:46PM
Thanks for your feedback - I assumed (probably wrongly) that is was someone trying to flag one of Tran's postings. Which by the way, I appreciate and think they should continue to do - I am also assuming that the flaggers know the difference between a NPS campsite and a DNC reservation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login