Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

The typical question..

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

The typical question..
August 03, 2012 11:31AM
I am FINALLY getting to visit the valley again this Oct, once with my husband early in the month, and once with my mom mid month. I am looking for some off the beaten path trails. I want to do the ribbon falls amplitheater (hopeful there is water ) and one other trail. I'd like to do these trails first with the husband and then take my mom on them. Any suggestions for another hike about the same as what is described for ribbon? It's the visit with my mom that has to stay reserved. My husband is a "we are here to hike whatever however" ugh, yeah. I want to enjoy the trip, not pretend I am in boot camp.

Thanks in advance!
Re: The typical question..
August 03, 2012 02:34PM
The best views with the least effort are going down the 4 mile trail. But not exactly off the beaten track.

Assuming that your mother is neither a dedicated bushwhacker nor a long distance hiker, I would recommend Illilouette Ridge (link), the Old Wawona Road from Tunnel View to Bridalveil Falls (link), and Mt. Watkins from the quarry (link).

There are some others here (link).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login