All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 06, 2012 02:21PM
I was on the ridge below Cockscomb Peak last week. I had to get closer to my avatar.

Re: Up near Cockscomb Peak
August 07, 2012 07:57AM
nice. did you try to get to the top?
avatar Re: Up near Cockscomb Peak
August 07, 2012 10:16AM
I was aiming for a low point on the saddle, but ran into a steep slope of wet sand and thick ice. I was so close to the top, but would have needed crampons for the last icy bit. Had great views all around the area, and was happy with all of the great views that day.
Re: Up near Cockscomb Peak
August 07, 2012 04:22PM
cool, surprising that there is still some ice. That view does look pretty nice
August 07, 2012 05:17PM
I was suprised that there were a few large ice fields lower on the north slope. One was quite large, and it was hard frozen ice.
August 09, 2012 11:49AM
I'm beginning to think the wind blows up there all the time. When I went up the slope to Echo Peaks a couple years ago the wind was really tugging on my pack.
August 09, 2012 04:16PM
Wind wasn't too bad. I think that the camera microphone makes it sound worse than it was. Was just a strong breeze. Had heavier wind at the westernmost Gaylor Lake a few days later. Went up there from mile marker 34 on HWY 120.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login