All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Can you help me identify a peak?
August 12, 2012 07:38PM
Took this about 10 days ago from partway up the south side of Gibbs, and was wondering what the leftmost peak is just peeking above the ridge: is it Rodgers or Ritter (or something else entirely)?

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2012 07:39PM by mbear.
avatar Re: Can you help me identify a peak?
August 13, 2012 12:00AM
Haven't been up Gibbs, but is that Helen Lake in the foreground, and were you on the west and/or south side of Gibbs? Lining it up in TOPO, I'd guess that Koip and Kuna would have to be blocking your view of Ritter, the mystery peak is on a direct line through the east side of Helen.
August 13, 2012 09:23AM
Best guess from this tool is Rodgers.
August 13, 2012 11:59AM
Yeah, it looks like Rodgers from looking at topos online. I had originally thought it was Ritter (and didn't have a map for the Lyell area since I wasn't hiking there) since the top of Ritter kind of looks like that. But now I remember it only looks like that from the east, and you can't see any connecting ridge to the Minarets. Thanks.
August 13, 2012 06:54PM
Don't know why I didn't look to Google Earth; it confirms that peak is indeed Rodgers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login