Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Robinson Creek permit availability

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Robinson Creek permit availability
August 18, 2012 10:49AM
Are we likely to have difficulty getting Robinson Creek (aka Twin Lakes) permits walk-up the Thursday before Labor Day? I have no idea what the quota there is, nor how popular that trailhead is, and the USFS web pages are no help (unless I missed something). I'll phone the Bridgeport ranger post on Monday, but we're trying to make plans this weekend, so any hints would be helpful.

As a general comment, it's depressing that we are in 2012 and it still isn't possible to book permits for Yosemite or national forests online with a proper availability calendar. OTOH, I suppose it's one less thing for David Tran to hack/scalp...
avatar Re: Robinson Creek permit availability
August 18, 2012 02:12PM
Dunno what the quota is. It's not online for some reason, unlike Inyo.
I personally wouldn't worry about it. The kids are back in school and you're going on a Thursday.
I guess if you were really unlucky and got there really late then maybe all the
same day perms would be gone... but I doubt it.
Bear in mind though that that entry point and loop is unquestionably the most popular.
It's in all the guidebooks and if someone says they did North Yose loop... then
99% of the time they did that one.
I've never reserved Buck, Green, Robinson, or Virginia... always just go and get day of.
My sample size isn't huge though... maybe 6 or 7 total.
But never had any issues.

As for online... Inyo is reservable online. Others... not so much. Even the diff. FS do not
communicate entirely with each other... although I've been told that is slowly changing.

Have fun in Northern Yose. Ask a ranger (or me) and they will say that is their fav. part of Yosemite.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login