Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Ten Lakes Pics

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 27, 2012 06:25PM
I went to Ten Lakes for the weekend. Since many are familiar with the area, I'll just post pics and note that trail crews have removed all blowdowns from last winter - the trail is clear.

More Pictures.

Here's a few, with the lakes "numbered" as in the Schaffer book...

Lakes one and two:

Lake one and the dropoff into the canyon:

Meant to post Lake four here, but Picasa didn't show me the link to do so, its in the album linked above...

[edit: now the link shows up...grrr...]

...here's a juniper tree:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2012 07:15PM by ttilley.
August 27, 2012 06:53PM
Thanks for posting the photos (and the link to the additional photos).

Nice to see that Half Moon Meadow is still pretty much green despite the very low water levels this summer.
August 27, 2012 06:57PM
Ah, that reminds me, there was something useful to say about water along the way.

At the trailhead, Yosemite Creek isn't flowing, though water is present in stagnant pools.

Along the way, stagnant water is only available at one point (can't remember where, not interested in stagnant water), and non-stagnant water is also only available at one point - from the spring water flowing by a bend in the trail below Half Moon Meadow.
August 30, 2012 02:28PM
Thanks for sharing the pics, 10 Lakes is a very beautiful place. I thought that spring before the bend at Half Moon Meadow was year round, but I wasn't completely sure. Thanks for verifying it.
September 03, 2012 05:56PM
Many may be familiar... but how familiar?

For example: How many have even seen #7?

(btw... tanks for sharon)

Chick-on is looking at you!
September 11, 2012 07:26AM
I guess the answer is none.

Here it is in 3-D:

Obviously not the best of the lakes... but... not the worse either. I'll be going back for a couple of reasons...
tongue sticking out smiley

September 13, 2012 10:40PM
Cool, thanks (I haven't been to 7 yet). Had to wait until business travel was over and I had access to my 3D glasses to respond.
September 04, 2012 08:11AM
I've yet to visit Ten Lakes but it sure looks like one could easily spend an entire extra day just poking around that entire area. As usual, nothing ever really looks like what you visualize it to be when looking at the same location on a topo map.
Re: Ten Lakes Pics
September 04, 2012 08:53AM
Thanks for posting. Since my backpacking days are over, people posting pictures are the only way that I am able to see things.
September 11, 2012 09:16PM
Was looking for something else... and found this thread:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,45331

A most interesting tidbit... to me... this year... when I crossed Middle Fork near Lukens...
there was just not a drop of water that I saw... didn't explore up and down the
creek... but I'm sad for the fish that unquestionably perished in this very dry year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login