Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fall is here

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 28, 2012 11:44PM
September 29, 2012 07:58AM
Taken (9-27) South Fork, Bishop Creek.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 06:56PM by ERICG.
September 29, 2012 10:19AM
Nice photos! Looks like the leaves are starting to turn earlier than last year.

September 29, 2012 11:24AM
plawrence
Looks like the leaves are starting to turn earlier than last year.

It really depends on altitude. Almost all green trees still below the South Fork road and lots still green even above.
September 30, 2012 11:09AM
By coincidence, we were up Bishop Creek on exactly the same day this year as last (Sep 28.) Up in the middle section of the south fork...the leaf change is almost identical, according to last year's photos. (Even on one section of creek, the same dang contrails in the sky!) More brilliance last year. North Lake is at peak now...last year it was just starting to change. South Lake is currently greenish and dry...leaves will probably fall before changing. Sabrina color is near peak around the lake...still green just below the dam. The aspen above Cardinal Lodge have good color.

Both South and Sabrina Lakes are very low. Last year, were full at this time. The store and cafe at Sabrina will close next Sunday.
October 01, 2012 11:41AM
I was on the road to South Lake on Saturday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2012 11:42AM by yosemitejim.
October 01, 2012 11:54AM
Here was Lake Sabrina.

October 01, 2012 02:44PM
No color at Blue Lake, but it is always nice.

Rock Creek was nice, but probably won't last long.

October 01, 2012 02:36PM
Was just up there this weekend; this was taken Sunday morning. I have to say, North Lake is past prime. The cold snap from last June appears to have deadened this season's vibrancy more than just a bit.

In two weeks, Lundy and Lee Vining should be good, then.....

Yosemite Valley.

First Light On Bishop Creek, NIK by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr
October 01, 2012 10:32PM
tanngrisnir3

Was just up there this weekend; this was taken Sunday morning. I have to say, North Lake is past prime.

The aspens next to North Lake always seem to be the first to turn color and then fade.
October 05, 2012 08:58AM
What an interesting shot, tanngrisnir3.
I love it.
October 08, 2012 07:41PM
Bishop Creek (10-7-12)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2012 06:06AM by ERICG.
October 09, 2012 01:13PM
Yeah a fine time of year so was off on the Sierra Eastside 5 days last week. This (little G10 pic) was at obscure aspen grove in the East Walker River basin as I lugged about my big view camera:

And with cooler air move south in the Northern Hemisphere, we get a lot more cirrus clouds in the afternoon which frequently put on spectacular dusk shows over Mono Lake like this at County Park last Friday:

http://www.davidsenesac.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login