All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Public places to watch Monday Night Football in the Valley
October 05, 2012 05:23PM
I know this is a silly question when I will be camping in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I will be staying in Lower Pines. Where can I watch the Monday night football game in the Valley? Looking for a public place that will have the game on. I could not remember if the Ahwahnee Bar had a tv. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
avatar Re: Public places to watch Monday Night Football in the Valley
October 05, 2012 05:59PM
There's no silly questions. Just silly answers. wink

That said, the Mountain Room Lounge at the Yosemite Lodge almost always has major sporting events, including NFL football, on their multiple TVs located throughout the lounge.

The bar at Curry Village also televises sporting events on its two TVs but it might be closed on Mondays in October. (The Mountain Room Lounge will be open, for sure.)

Re: Public places to watch Monday Night Football in the Valley
October 05, 2012 07:59PM
Right. But on a related note, their satellite feed is for the Central Valley, so they don't get the SF Giants baseball games. Instead, they usually get some game from back East.
October 06, 2012 08:43PM
Exactly, just drink beer!
October 05, 2012 07:28PM
Yup, Mountain Room Lounge is the place to be.
October 06, 2012 01:01AM
Mountain Room is full of tossers and they water down their drinks. Curry smells like hantavirus and sweatsocks. I'd go for the Ahwahnee, myself. You pay through the teeth at any of the above, but pianoman tickling Gershwin on the ivories makes fourth down feel kinda posh.

MNF is ESPN so they'll all have it. If you're into the Fall Classic, no problem, it's national nets from here on out, TBS and FOX. Unless you are an A's fan, they may be kinda blacked out; I think their scores will be reported via smoke blankets at Tenaya Lake.

Worse case scenario? Need some Premier League or something esoteric? Tap into P2P in the Curry warming hut. Ask a sports nut!
October 06, 2012 01:51AM
QITNL

Mountain Room is full of tossers and they water down their drinks.

They don't waterdown their beers. wink
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login