Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite Falls

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 02, 2012 09:20AM
Its hard to see Upper Yosemite Falls now due to rain, but it looks like there's tons of water, I'd have to think some of it is blowing onto the trail, the water is being blown towards the west. The freshets that cross the upper falls trail near Columbia Rock are pouring in top-to-bottom falls.

And...the NWS site has a Flood Warning for the Merced, 10.5 ft. expected at Pohono late this afternoon.
December 02, 2012 09:40AM
The Conservancy's webcam is showing Nov 30 photo confused smiley
December 02, 2012 11:30AM
Just looked now and the Fall's cam is on the current day and time. A lot more water in Yosemite Falls then when we were there last weekend.
December 02, 2012 12:20PM
I'm still only seeing Nov 30...looked at YNP site and Conservancy site (same camera) (and tried to refresh it)

edit...OK I went back and refreshed from the top of the page and got it. Not as much water as I expected...but yeah, more than Nov 30

edit #2...now can someone tell me how to view photos from the webcam earlier in the day? (for future reference, because now, after eeek's latest flood post, I imagine the falls will be fullest this afternoon)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 12:46PM by hikerchick395.
December 02, 2012 05:07PM
halfdome.net

They have the Yosemite Falls up now too.

Originally I thought you wanted to know how to capture and post a photo of the cam.

Chick-on is looking at you!
December 03, 2012 10:34AM
Looks like spring already

December 03, 2012 11:06AM
Yes, and sky conditions today look a lot better than yesterday (when I was there).

I'll have some pics up later, there was a pretty good waterfall coming off the east side of El Capitan, another one behind Curry Village.
December 03, 2012 12:51PM
ttilley
Yes, and sky conditions today look a lot better than yesterday (when I was there).

I'll have some pics up later, there was a pretty good waterfall coming off the east side of El Capitan, another one behind Curry Village.
East side of El Cap is Horsetail Fall and behind Curry is Staircase Falls.
December 03, 2012 07:21PM
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login