All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TR: a winter trip up to LYV.
December 28, 2012 09:56AM
I went up to LYV for a week earlier this month. Came down just before the big storm. I originally had big plans to try and go off trail to get on Clark's shoulder, and also maybe see if I could climb Mt. Florence, but I ended up finding every excuse possible to be lazy and just relax at LYV. Both probably would have been out of my league anyway.

3 days into the trip the first storm hit, it snowed just about a foot. While people routinely hiked up the HD/Clouds trail after that, nobody hiked down the Merced. The entire time I was there only 3 other groups stayed at LYV. 3 groups too many IMO, next time I'll go farther east. After the snow only one other group came up to LYV before I headed down, and only for 1 night. Most of the time it felt like I had the entire valley to myself, and the snowshoeing was great. On to the pics:

avatar Re: TR: a winter trip up to LYV.
December 28, 2012 10:26AM
Thanks for sharing all the photos. So pretty with all the snow. Especially loved the nighttime shot with the stars.

Re: TR: a winter trip up to LYV.
December 28, 2012 10:34AM
I took a few more, but that was the best one I think. I had plans to do a lot more, but man it's tough to get the motivation to get out of your warm bag at night, walk somewhere in the dark, and stand around for long exposures. I kept putting it off until finally I just thought "it's really more of a summertime thing."
December 28, 2012 11:37AM
steelcup
I took a few more, but that was the best one I think. I had plans to do a lot more, but man it's tough to get the motivation to get out of your warm bag at night, walk somewhere in the dark, and stand around for long exposures. I kept putting it off until finally I just thought "it's really more of a summertime thing."

Thanks for getting out of the warm sleeping bag! Great pics!
December 28, 2012 09:04PM
Those long nights are a downer, aren't they. I usualy look for 10 hours as a minimum daylight for camping, and even then I appreciate unusually warm nights that make good star watching.

Nice pics, thanks.
December 28, 2012 12:15PM
I plan to do that trip late next month. Weather permitting. :/
December 28, 2012 08:49PM
great photos
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login