Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Happy Birthday Old Dood (and what OD really thinks of Loch Tablae) (via Photo)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Happy Birthday Old Dood (and what OD really thinks of Loch Tablae) (via Photo)
February 14, 2013 09:07PM
Happy Birthday Old Dood
February 15th
70 Years Young

Wishing you many more great adventures

And now what OD really thinks of Loch Tablae:

Love,
Chick-on is looking at you!

avatar Re: Happy Birthday Old Dood (and what OD really thinks of Loch Tablae) (via Photo)
February 14, 2013 10:02PM
Thanks Chick-on.

Old Dude
avatar Re: Happy Birthday Old Dood (and what OD really thinks of Loch Tablae) (via Photo)
February 15, 2013 07:17AM
Ewe Berry welcome.

If Z udder peeps on dis board new ewe they'd wish ewe a happy birthday too.

One of the finest human beans I know.

Thanks for everything.

Enjoy your day

February 15, 2013 07:40AM
Happy Birthday MrCondron! Cake and CandleLong may you run.
Re: Happy Birthday Old Dood (and what OD really thinks of Loch Tablae) (via Photo)
February 15, 2013 09:25AM
Happy B-Day & thanks for posting here. I really enjoy reading the posts.
February 15, 2013 01:26PM
Biermark
Happy B-Day & thanks for posting here. I really enjoy reading the posts.

Thank you.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 01:19PM
nurcher
Happy Birthday MrCondron! Cake and CandleLong may you run.

Thank you. (you can call me Mike)

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 10:09AM
Happy Birthday, Mike!

Happy trails to you for the many years still to come!

February 15, 2013 01:23PM
plawrence
Happy Birthday, Mike!

Happy trails to you for the many years still to come!

Thank you.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 09:33AM
Old DOOOOOOOOOD!!! OldER DOOOOOOD???!!

Happy BirFday!

How many more trails until you have officially stomped the whole park??????

Busy Bee

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2013 09:33AM by Bee.
February 15, 2013 01:29PM
Bee

Happy BirFday!

How many more trails until you have officially stomped the whole park??????

Busy Bee

Thank you. I have a few down in the Wawona area. I'm sure Billy-g has some little bit of trail sandbagged for me though.
Next it's all the lakes then all the named peaks. Yeah right.

Old Dude
February 20, 2013 07:56AM
Bee

He should really be now known as:
Old Doodie

(ask him why)

February 15, 2013 10:09AM
Happy birthday, and many happy returns to Loch Tablae!
February 15, 2013 11:36AM
Happy Birthday Olde Dude but look out. I'm gaining on you! Mountain Lion
February 15, 2013 01:22PM
tomdisco
Happy Birthday Olde Dude but look out. I'm gaining on you! Mountain Lion

Thank you. You'll never catch up while I'm still alive, he said with conviction.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 09:59PM
Happy Birthday Mike. You're an inspiration to us all. I hope that we can all keep hiking the high country til we're 100.
February 16, 2013 08:40AM
yosemitejim
Happy Birthday Mike. You're an inspiration to us all. I hope that we can all keep hiking the high country til we're 100.

Thank you. I'll be happy with 85 although 100 would be good.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 01:25PM
ttilley
Happy birthday, and many happy returns to Loch Tablae!

Thank you.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 12:34PM
Yes sir, Happy Birthday Young Man. You got 12 years on me (and probably a gizillion off - trail miles)
February 15, 2013 01:18PM
rroland
Yes sir, Happy Birthday Young Man. You got 12 years on me (and probably a gizillion off - trail miles)

Thank you.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 01:49PM
Another one of the old guy giving me a hard time:

OD - if you don't like... you got Moderator A-Thor-A-Tay... you can delete.

February 15, 2013 04:26PM
Happy Birthday to you!!!! Best wishes for many more.Birthday Cake
February 15, 2013 06:10PM
parklover
Happy Birthday to you!!!! Best wishes for many more.Birthday Cake

Thank you.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 09:02PM
chick-on
Another one of the old guy giving me a hard time:

OD - if you don't like... you got Moderator A-Thor-A-Tay... you can delete.

Here's the real picture:

Old Dude
February 20, 2013 07:57AM
mrcondron

That's what I look like neked

Or after I used Dawn too many times in da backcountry.
tongue sticking out smiley

A very Big Happy Birthday to you Mike!
February 21, 2013 10:51PM
Catalonian Burro
A very Big Happy Birthday to you Mike!

Thanks CB

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 06:34PM
Old Dood,
Chick-on said a really good present to get you would be an "Old Age Card".
He said you been playing that one for years now and he's pretty certain that
that baby is all dog-eared and worn out.
Went to the card store and they said that that card never wears out and
can be played as many times as the user deems necessary.
So...
Play away buddy

Here's your cupcakes: smiling smiley
Cake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and Candle
Cake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and Candle
Cake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and Candle
February 15, 2013 07:11PM
bill-e-g
Old Dood,
Chick-on said a really good present to get you would be an "Old Age Card".
He said you been playing that one for years now and he's pretty certain that
that baby is all dog-eared and worn out.
Went to the card store and they said that that card never wears out and
can be played as many times as the user deems necessary.
So...
Play away buddy

Here's your cupcakes: smiling smiley
Cake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and Candle

I hope you had to type all that out. Nah, you probably did some cut and paste but thank you anyway. You are my dearest friend.

Old Dude
February 15, 2013 07:04PM
chick-on
Happy Birthday Old Dood

So now it's Even Older Dood?
February 15, 2013 09:51PM
eeek
chick-on
Happy Birthday Old Dood

So now it's Even Older Dood?

I think that Older Doood needs to change his signature!

February 15, 2013 07:34PM
Happy Birthday Mike!
February 15, 2013 08:57PM
hotrod4x5
Happy Birthday Mike!

Thank you.

Old Dude
Happy belated B-day mrcondron!

May you enjoy many more years of good health to enjoy many more years of adventuring
February 16, 2013 09:27AM
hikerchick395
Happy belated B-day mrcondron!

May you enjoy many more years of good health to enjoy many more years of adventuring

Thank you.

Old Dude
February 18, 2013 09:38PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Mike!
February 19, 2013 08:32AM
gophersnake
Happy Belated Birthday, Mike!

Thank you.

Old Dude
February 22, 2013 04:42AM
My fav-o-right faux toe of Z Old Dood:

Love da guy... but purty sure dis where da Student became da Masta

(this is CR/JMT junction)
(I'm in my tent)
(It's about to snow... and again the next day)

February 22, 2013 12:45PM
Now everybody sing!

February 26, 2013 07:28AM
Kewl - (esp. 1:27)

Supa Tanks for all who wished my buddie Mikey a Happy Birthday.
It means a lot to him... and to me...

February 26, 2013 09:52AM
When is Chick-on's birFday? Is it the same as the Goat's?

February 27, 2013 10:32AM
They are probably still trying to figure out what came first. The chick-on or the egg.
February 27, 2013 06:23PM
I'm like a cat. Bird-day every 9 years. Keeps me young baby!

Bee... found this poking around... Not So Old Dood:

February 27, 2013 08:11PM
Skinny Old Doooooood!!!!

(keep the pictures coming -- these vintage OD pix are great)

When is Chick-on's next B-day????

February 27, 2013 09:25PM
Will do. I have a bunch... go figure... smiling smiley

Bird-day.... you don't remember.? Gotz me a Half-a-Dome-A-Scent-Kit one year.

February 27, 2013 10:15PM
I KNOW when the Goat's Bird-day is, but I was checking if Chick-on takes over the day with his own.

YUP, the Half-Dome A-Scent kit: 5 Larry's is just e-nuf water to make it to the top...! Don't fur-get yer stove, tooooooo.

February 27, 2013 11:29PM
Bee

I KNOW when the Goat's Bird-day is, but I was checking if Chick-on takes over the day with his own.

Just an FYI.

Birds don't have birthdays, they have hatch-days!

(Birds aren't born, they're hatched. wink )
February 28, 2013 02:16PM
plawrence
Birds don't have birthdays, they have hatch-days!

More of a sweat-shop stitch-day in this case.
March 01, 2013 07:30AM
Old Dood - Upper Merced Pass Lake - 2001:

What used to be (after trip ritual) - (after the Red Pass Loopy Trip above) :
Cobb Salad with a healthy dose of Thousand Island soupdressing

And how used to plan long trips out:

If you like... say... and I'll continue... if you no like... then no clicky

Half Dome a Nice Day

March 01, 2013 10:23AM
Old Dood always looks like he is having a great time! I love the pictures, keep them coming.
March 01, 2013 11:16AM
Neat photos, keep them coming.

A few of questions though: in regards to your itinerary that has nine columns in your photo. Why are some distances between points listed in column 2 and other times in column 5? Similarly, what's the difference between the elevation changes listed columns 6 & 7? And what's listed in column 9 next to the days in column 8?

And in regards to the Cobb salad photo, how is PJ's Cafe in regards to their food? Is it still worth a visit?

I have never stopped at PJ's in all these years of passing through Groveland.

March 01, 2013 01:35PM
plawrence
Why are some distances between points listed in column 2 and other times in column 5?

Similarly, what's the difference between the elevation changes listed columns 6 & 7?
Every up and down then has a distance associated with it.
At the beginning you can see it's a drop of 400 feet in 1.5 miles... followed by 175 feet up in .5 miles... then 650 down in .92 miles.

The total elevation change for the 2.92 miles leg is -875 (-400+175-650)

pl
And what's listed in column 9 next to the days in column 8?
Col 9 is the number of total miles that going to do for the day.

We stuck to this plan until Upper Merced Pass Lake... at which time... there was a change of plan
and we ended up staying at Givens the next night... followed by Johnson the last night.
Last day we hiked out to Ostrander TH and I hiked the road to Mono Mdw to get the car.
We ended up doing that based on a number of factors most of which included quite a bit of
whining from the parties involved not named me on the up around Buck Camp.

pl
And in regards to the Cobb salad photo, how is PJ's Cafe in regards to their food? Is it still worth a visit?

I have never stopped at PJ's in all these years of passing through Groveland.
It went downhill after an ownership change. Haven't been there in years. RobE should comment.

March 01, 2013 07:16PM
The trip planning sheet doesn't have any entries marked "two-tents".
March 04, 2013 12:30PM
plawrence

A few of questions though: in regards to your itinerary that has nine columns in your photo. Why are some distances between points listed in column 2 and other times in column 5? Similarly, what's the difference between the elevation changes listed columns 6 & 7? And what's listed in column 9 next to the days in column 8?

I never did figure it out.

Old Dude
March 01, 2013 09:02PM
Vintage Olde Doooood -- cooool!!

Who actually prepared the charts? They look like something an Old Doood would create.

I like this glimpse into "vintage" hiking with Old Dooood -- sort of like Yosemite Mad Men.

March 04, 2013 07:20AM
Bee
Who actually prepared the charts? They look like something an Old Doood would create.
I guess Old Dood can't find the reply button?

Me tinks I needs to post a picture of him a sleep in out der...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login