Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Glacier Point Road Ski - March 10

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Glacier Point Road Ski - March 10
March 11, 2013 12:11AM
Hello everyone, I skied out to Washburn point this Sunday and thought I'd post a brief trip report and a few pics for those who are interested. Left badger at around 10am and I got to Washburn at around 1. The snow on the road was definitely thin in places but better than last year. Unless we get a big storm I could see GP road opening in late April or very early May. Weather was great, warm enough to be comfortable but not warm enough to turn the snow into slush. Good day for some skiing.

Pics Here

https://picasaweb.google.com/117025886482845091325/WashburnPointMarch2013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIOO8vry-5SNEg&feat=directlink

Chris
avatar Re: Glacier Point Road Ski - March 10
March 11, 2013 01:21AM
Thanks for sharing the link to the photos.

How crowded was Glacier Point Road with Nordic skiers? Were there any other people at Washburn Point while you were there?
March 11, 2013 07:11AM
Tanks Man

(and of course people are interested) (why would they frequent this forum if they weren't)
(and I wonder the same thing)

btw... you have two photos there that if you thrown them at uSoft ICE program....

(you had download photo enabled on your Picasa site)
(just say the word and I'll delete the photo)
(didn't publish it onto Photosynth since obviously it's not my photo)

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
March 11, 2013 07:51AM
Nice pictures, thanks. I think I recognize that bare spot on the road from last February, on the climb from Bridalveil Creek?
March 11, 2013 10:11AM
@plawrence

It wasn't crowded at all especially once I got past the horizon ridge trail head. Nobody else was at Washburn while I was there but a few people arrived right after me

@chickon

Nice. I took a few panoramas on my phone but it didn't do a very good job at stitching them together

@ttilley

Yea thats it, there were also few others up near Clark Range View. It's melting fast, there were many more bare spots when I was coming back vs. heading out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login