All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 16, 2013 11:19AM
On Friday, March 15, Upper Pines Campground will return to reservation status, and the back loops will open. Lower Pines will open for the season on March 27 (by reservation). North Pines will open for the season on April 3 (by reservation). Camp 4, Wawona, and Hodgdon Meadow are the other park campgrounds that are currently open (all currently on a first-come, first serve basis).
March 16, 2013 04:33PM
I was sure disappointed that Lower Pines didn't open until the 27th. Spring Break for the grand-kids will already be underway by then, so I had to make reservations in Upper Pines starting on the 25th instead. It just won't be the same not being in my favorite Ol' Camp 14 sad smiley

Steve

Re: Campgrounds Update
March 16, 2013 06:14PM
calberry
I was sure disappointed that Lower Pines didn't open until the 27th. Spring Break for the grand-kids will already be underway by then, so I had to make reservations in Upper Pines starting on the 25th instead. It just won't be the same not being in my favorite Ol' Camp 14 sad smiley

Steve

Site 41, or 39, or 38?
March 19, 2013 10:03PM
mtn man
calberry

Steve

Site 41, or 39, or 38?

Good call...41. The wife and I then went back in Oct. and stayed in North Pines in site just visible on the river in the left of the pic. Great site (520).

Re: Campgrounds Update
March 21, 2013 10:14AM
With budget cuts, the campgrounds can't open any earlier.
March 21, 2013 02:33PM
Upper opens (for reservations) earlier, but just not Lower. We're talking 2 days difference...that's one TIGHT budget to cut it that close Confused

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 02:36PM by calberry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login